YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City, #1.5)
This topic is about Neanderthal Marries Human
BUDDY READ: Contemporary/Romance > Neanderthal Marries Human (Knitting in the City #1.5) by Penny Reid - Starting September 10th 2020

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84466 comments Mod
There are three things you should know about Quinn Sullivan: 1) He is madly in love with Janie Morris, 2) He’s not above playing dirty to get what (or who) he wants, and 3) He doesn’t know how to knit.

After just five months of dating Janie, Quinn—former Wendell and unapologetic autocrat—is ready to propose marriage. In fact, he’s more than ready. If it were up to Quinn, he would efficiently propose, marry, and beget Janie with child all in the same day—thereby avoiding the drama and angst that accompanies the four stages of pre-matrimony: engagement, meeting the parents, bachelor/bachelorette party, and overblown, superfluous wedding day traditions.

But Janie, much to Quinn’s dismay, tosses a wrench in his efficacious endeavors and challenges him to prove his devotion by going through the matrimonial motions, no matter how minute and mundane.

Will Quinn last until the wedding day? Or will he yield to his tyrant impulses?

This book is not a standalone. It is the sequel to ‘Neanderthal Seeks Human,’ and is book #1.5 in the Knitting in the City series.

Elena Granger | 617 comments Chapter 9
I still don't get the connection to the knitting part. There was more about their knitting group in the first book (view spoiler). So for now I feel like this knitting thing is just random.
(view spoiler)
For now I'm more into Janie's character. Quinn seems a bit bland for me. (view spoiler)
The first book was better. Let's see how this one goes.

message 3: by Elena (last edited Sep 12, 2020 05:09AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elena Granger | 617 comments Chapter 21
Such a simple book with nothing special yet so addictive.
I really enjoy reading and going through all the cute and sexy moments the heroes have.
It's also great that (view spoiler).
Though I have some strange feelings (view spoiler) Let's see where it goes!

Elena Granger | 617 comments Finished
I've almost cried in the end. So sweet it was! I needed this kind of happy ending. (view spoiler) Extremely sweet, kind, good, nice, calming type of romance.
I loved how the things turned out with Elizabeth and Nick. (view spoiler)

Mummy's Naughty Corner (mummysnaughtycorner) | 7004 comments Mod
Chapter 10

(view spoiler)

Chapter 16

(view spoiler)

Chapter 22

(view spoiler)

Finished

(view spoiler)

Elena wrote: "Chapter 9
I still don't get the connection to the knitting part. There was more about their knitting group in the first book [spoilers removed]. So for now I feel like this knitting thing is just r..."

(view spoiler)

Elena wrote: "Chapter 21
Such a simple book with nothing special yet so addictive.
I really enjoy reading and going through all the cute and sexy moments the heroes have.
It's also great that [spoilers removed]...."

(view spoiler)

Elena wrote: "Finished
I've almost cried in the end. So sweet it was! I needed this kind of happy ending. [spoilers removed] Extremely sweet, kind, good, nice, calming type of romance.
I loved how the things tur..."

(view spoiler)