What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-Fi, computer learning, dystopian

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mary (new)

Mary Larew | 2 comments I read it in college, so it was in the early 90's. It was part of a very large anthology for American literature class. A boy sits in front of his teacher. His teacher is a computer. He is bored and lonely. There is very little to no interaction with other humans. That's all I remember. It's a grim look at the future. I thought it was Bradbury but I can't find it. It is NOT Isaac Asimov's "The Fun They Had." This one was not lighthearted in the least. It was very much anti-computer learning because the boy was alone with no social interaction. It just popped in my head, probably because of all this Covid stuff. I wish I still had that anthology!

message 2: by Kris (last edited Aug 29, 2020 09:11AM) (new)

Kris | 35372 comments Mod
Mary, that's a good start. You must copy more plot details from your message #1 to the topic header/title, so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers. -- Is this book mostly for adults?

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)