Play Book Tag discussion

How to Speak Dragonese (How to Train Your Dragon, #3)
This topic is about How to Speak Dragonese
August 2020: Other Books > [Poll Book Tally] How to Speak Dragonese by Cressiday Cowell 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7247 comments Well, this one was more fun than the first two, but then I'm used to the non-movie Toothless and there was a girl, finally (don't want to give too many spoilers, but she is also a pirate from another tribe). In this one Hiccup, Toothless and Hiccup's friend Fishface are taken captive by Romans who are trying to start infighting between different Viking factions to their own gain. At least one nefarious character from a previous book makes an appearance, and there are also nano-dragons (anachronisms are common--it's a kid's book--and someone disparages the nano-dragons by saying they are the size of amoebas, only x number of centuries prior to the invention of the microscope).

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5658 comments I was really happy to see the girl KamiKazi too. I liked the Roman's divide and conquer tactic. Their impersonations of the female tribe were cute.

Wasn't there a discussion of germs too? (Or was that anachronism in another book?) All these books are running together.

Karin | 7247 comments NancyJ wrote: "I was really happy to see the girl KamiKazi too. I liked the Roman's divide and conquer tactic. Their impersonations of the female tribe were cute.

Wasn't there a discussion of germs too? (Or wa..."

I can't remember now, but I don't think so.