What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Books featuring a Night Market

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kris (new)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39865 comments Mod
What is a Night Market?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35716 comments Mod
Yes, I've always wanted to visit Gaiman's Night Market. But finding out the current location from strangers in a tunnel is less appealing.

message 4: by ...cats? (new)

...cats? | 434 comments The Goblin Market is the most obvious example, I think. Holly Black's short story "The Night Market" from The Poison Eaters and Other Stories is inspired by "The Goblin Market".

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess (ladykyuuketsuki) | 4 comments You've probably already read it, but the fairy market from Stardust by Neil Gaiman has similar vibes to the Night Market.

Related but not actually a book: there is an underground market called the Red Market in the visual novel romance game The Arcana by Nix Hydra games.

message 6: by Beth (new)

Beth In an Absent Dream by Seanan McGuire has a fantastically creepy Night Market/Goblin Market with magic. And you might like the other titles in her Wayward Children series also.

message 7: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Love | 1161 comments It doesn't take place at night, and what's sold is near-future SF, not fantasy, but it's still an outstanding book: Sourdough, by Robin Sloan. Sourdough