Teen Virtual Book Club | East Baton Rouge Parish Library discussion

2020 > September 2020: Hispanic Heritage Bingo

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by GSR (new)

GSR Teens | 16 comments Mod
Rave or rant about the books you read for September's Bingo board here!

message 2: by GSR (new)

Clap When You Land This was my least favorite of Elizabeth Acevedo's books, but it was still a solid read. I LOVE the way she writes, and her female characters are amazing.

message 3: by GSR (new)

Cemetery Boys SO GOOD!!! I just finished it today, and this book is beautiful. I've seen it described as a ghost story turned rom-com, and...yeah.

message 4: by GSR (new)

Tight I think this one is really great for fans of Jason Reynolds' middle grade books. If you liked Ghost, I can almost guarantee that you'll enjoy this book.

message 5: by GSR (new)

Marcus Vega Doesn't Speak SpanishI went in to this one expecting it to just be okay, and it was so much better than that. Marcus's character didn't feel 100% consistent to me throughout the book, and that DID bother me. But I still really enjoyed the Puerto Rico setting and a story that showed love to extended family. And Charlie was awesome.

message 6: by GSR (new)

Hurricane Child I wish I knew more about Caribbean folklore for this one. I can tell that's a big part of the story, but it's not something I'm already familiar with. I DID recognize a reference to one of the creatures that was in The Jumbies, though.

message 7: by GSR (new)

The Shadow of the Wind This book has been on my TBR for at least 5 years. I'm so glad that I finally read it. Carlos Ruiz Zafon writes in the most beautiful way. I almost rated the book 4 stars after I finished it because I was feeling unhappy at the end, but I realized I wasn't unhappy with the book--I was unhappy that it was over.