Polls for our souls discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Rules and general topics > Our September recent reads

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Corinne (last edited Aug 27, 2020 01:46PM) (new)

Corinne | 97 comments Mod
Use the add book/author feature and tell us about your recent reads. Post books you just finished, and your current reads. Please tell us
A) EBOOK/PAPERBACK/AUDIOBOOK/HARDCOVER

B) HOW DID YOU FIND THE BOOK?

C) WHERE DID YOU GET IT?

IMPORTANT
HOW TO USE THE ADD BOOK/AUTHOR FEATURE TO SHOWCASE COVERS

In desktop mode search the add book/author option, it's at the top right of message boxes
description

When you click on the Add book/author feature a box will appear with a search option.
description

Notice the bottom of the box features two options
cover
and
link
click on cover , first
then click on add

IMPORTANT
To use the add book/author feature you need to be using Desktop mode.

message 2: by Corinne (new)

If you want to you can write just a number for

B)HOW DID YOU FIND THE BOOK?
1)Amazon 2) Kindle Unlimited 3)Friend's recommendation 4) List 5) Author's media (newsletter, blog, twitter, facebook) 6)Other (specify), if possible post a link

and for

C)WHERE DID YOU GET IT?
1)Amazon 2) Kindle Unlimited 3)Physical Library 4) Electronic Library 5) Other (post a link when possible)

Note: Only legal means of acquisition: Book purchases, and rental/borrows authorized by the copyright owner.

IMPORTANT
To use the add book/author feature you need to be using Desktop mode.

message 3: by Corinne (new)

I just finished
UnDivided (Unwind, #4) by Neal Shusterman

Paperback

It had been on my physical shelf for years.

C) WHERE DID YOU GET IT?
I can't remember, probably B&N

I'm reading

Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter, #7) by Nalini Singh

and

The Stopover (The Miles High Club, #1) by T.L. Swan

Ebook

Notification on my Kindle

C) WHERE DID YOU GET IT?
Amazon store and The Stopover is a Kindle Unlimited borrow.

message 4: by Corinne (new)

Just a reminder for everyone: the books that appear in our threads and polls are likely to appear in our group homepage. Make sure to add the cover by using the add book/author option.

message 5: by Sivkishen (new)

Sivkishen Sivkishen (professionalreviewer) | 1 comments Nice to note.
I wonder how you are missing my books from the my dashboard? Don't you think that these are worthy to read?

message 6: by Payal (new)

Payal (payal_reads_a_lot) Is this supposed to be August books? Or are we getting a head start on Sept?

message 7: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Rangel (goldenseal50) | 7 comments Just finished
Plague Arcanist (Frith Chronicles, #4) by Shami Stovall
Light Online Book Four Defender by Tom Larcombe
Dungeons and Noobs (Noobtown, #4) by Ryan Rimmel

A) Ebook
B) Kindle Unlimited
C) Kindle Unlimited

message 8: by Corinne (last edited Sep 03, 2020 09:41PM) (new)

Sivkishen wrote: "Nice to note.
I wonder how you are missing my books from the my dashboard? Don't you think that these are worthy to read?"

I never heard of your books before, but I just added them to my personal Kindle Unlimited shelf as they are part of the KU library and many of our members are avid readers with Prime subscriptions.

This group was created to have a good time, and discover new authors. Feel free to start a discussion about your books. Just make sure to use the add book/author feature so people can see the covers.

message 9: by Corinne (new)

Payal wrote: "Is this supposed to be August books? Or are we getting a head start on Sept?"

You caught me there👅. I forgot to open the August thread so now we're getting a head start on Sept. But let's keep it a secret 😉😉

message 10: by Payal (new)

Payal (payal_reads_a_lot) Corinne wrote: "You caught me there👅. I forgot to open the August thread so now we're getting a head start on Sept. But ..."

Your secret is safe with me. :D

message 11: by Payal (new)

Payal (payal_reads_a_lot) Currently reading:
The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1) by Swati Teerdhala

A) EBOOK

B) HOW DID YOU FIND THE BOOK? A list of POC sci-fi authors on either NPR or Twitter.

C) WHERE DID YOU GET IT? Library

I recently finished and loved the following books. They were all Ebooks from either my library or Amazon Prime free books.

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing (The Carls, #1) by Hank Green
Imp Series A Demon Bound, Satan's Sword, & Elven Blood (Imp, #1-3) by Debra Dunbar
Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows by Balli Kaur Jaswal

message 12: by Lydia (last edited Sep 03, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments A) Just Finished and Completely Loved: KU
Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #1) by Annette Marie Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex Demonized #1) by Annette Marie

I'll binge everything in these series, until it ends!

They were in my goodreads recommendations!

C) WHERE DID YOU GET IT?
Kindle Unlimited

Also currently working through these...
The Wasteland (Their Champion, #1) by K.A Knight The Forgotten (Their Champion Companion Novel, #1) by K.A Knight

They are dark and gorely, but definitely smutty; I couldn't help myself!

AℳY♔Queen of Fat cats♔민윤기's fiancé (emyoverland) | 180 comments Lydia wrote: "A) Just Finished and Completely Loved: KU
Chase the Dark (Steel & Stone, #1) by Annette Marie Three Mages and a Margarita (The Guild Codex Spellbound, #1) by Annette Marie Taming Demons for Beginners (The Guild Codex Demonized #1) by Annette Marie

I'll binge everythin..."

Annette Marie Sensei!!!
*fangirling*
I love Chase the dark and red winter!!!
GUUUYYYYYSSSSS, you have to read Annette Marie sensei she's so good.
There are so many fantasy authors that keep writing about the same sh♣t about elves and medieval Europe and stupid PG 13 YA again and again. Annette Marie sensei is so so cool that she wrote upper YA/NA in FREAKING JAPAN!!!So fresh and different! Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy, #1) by Annette Marie Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2) by Annette Marie Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3) by Annette Marie
If you like slow burns read red winter series.

message 14: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments AMY Queen of Fat Cats ♔♔Popular Vote DOESN'T count♔♔ wrote: "Lydia wrote: "A) Just Finished and Completely Loved: KU

I'll b..."

I've got Red Winter on my list next, while I wait for more of that series to come out!

message 15: by Lydia (last edited Sep 09, 2020 01:16PM) (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments Currently Reading:
Brimstone Bound (Firebrand #1) by Helen Harper

A) Listening on Audible B) It was a pre-order, because Helen Harper is amazing; I read anything she writes!

I'm about 30% through, but I'm loving it so far!

Edit: Thoroughly enjoyed the read, and I can't wait for the next one to come out next month!
Infernal Enchantment (Firebrand #2) by Helen Harper

message 16: by Morgan (last edited Sep 09, 2020 03:33PM) (new)

Morgan Frederick  | 4 comments Currently Reading:
Trigger (Devil's Reach, #1) by J.L. Drake Demons (Devil's Reach, #2) by J.L. Drake Unleashed (Devil's Reach, #3) by J.L. Drake

A) Paperback
B)goodreads friend
C)amazon

on book 2 I'm really enjoying it!

message 17: by Jeanny (last edited Sep 10, 2020 06:47AM) (new)

Jeanny (qubanqt) | 6 comments Recently Read: Savage (Institute of Supernaturals, #1) by J.E. Cluney (2 stars)

Currently Reading: The Orphan (Oberon Academy #1) by Wendi L. Wilson

A) Kindle version/ebook

B) Amazon: Recommendation (Amazon or Goodreads don't remember)

C) Amazon

message 18: by Linda (new)

Linda (goodreadscomuser_lindaa) | 1 comments AMY Queen of Fat Cats ♔♔Popular Vote DOESN'T count♔♔ wrote: "Lydia wrote: "A) Just Finished and Completely Loved: KU

I'll b..."

Thank you for the recommendation!! definitely giving it a try

AℳY♔Queen of Fat cats♔민윤기's fiancé (emyoverland) | 180 comments Linda wrote: "Thank you for the recommendation!! definitely giving it a try
"

Be patient! The best book of the series is
Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3) by Annette Marie

message 20: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments Just Finished:
From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

A) Audiobook
B) Audible knows I've read tons from JLA
C) Audible

I've already pre-ordered the second on on Audible, because I really loved the narrator for Poppy! Here's my review!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 21: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments I just finished devouring this:
Red Winter (Red Winter Trilogy, #1) by Annette Marie Dark Tempest (Red Winter Trilogy, #2) by Annette Marie Immortal Fire (Red Winter Trilogy, #3) by Annette Marie

A) E-Book
B) I'd read everything else by Annette Marie, and Amy (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...) recommended this one!
C) Kindle Unlimited

This was probably top three series I've read all year, and one of the best I've ever read! It was vivid, thoroughly researched, and breathtakingly beautiful! I'm not a re-reader, but I have no doubt this might actually get re-read for me! Thanks for the rec Amy!

AℳY♔Queen of Fat cats♔민윤기's fiancé (emyoverland) | 180 comments Lydia wrote: "B) I'd read everything else by Annette Marie, and Amy (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/4...) recommended this one!"
description
GUUUYYYSSS, you have to read Annette Marie sensei, she's so so good.

message 23: by Payal (new)

Payal (payal_reads_a_lot) Thanks! I've added the Red Winter series to my to-read list. :)

message 24: by Lydia (new)

Lydia Cost (lydia_cost) | 22 comments Finished Reading
Born in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #1) by K.F. Breene Raised in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #2) by K.F. Breene Fused in Fire (Fire and Ice Trilogy, #3) by K.F. Breene

A) E-book
B)Took a Leap from Suggestions
C) KU

"I grabbed the body quick-like and hurried to the side, but there was a flash of taillights in my peripheral vision. He’d seen me in his rearview, and now, instead of a ghost, he’d always wonder what he’d transported in his trunk. I threw the body over my shoulder and stepped into the safety of the magical division. “And that’s how you get a dead body across town without calling the removal service,” I said with pride."

Note: She dead serious just threw her dead body in the back of a lyft and transported it across town, all while making small talk with the driver. This crazy lady has series nerve haha!

This quote from book one pretty much sums up Reagan the entire series, and I love it. She's hilariously sarcastic, dangerous, and wickedly powerful! It was a really fun read!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.