Collegedale Public Library discussion

2020 Reading Challenge > September 2020

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Green Hicks | 443 comments Mod
For September, please read a book that you meant to read in 2019. This should be fun! There are many books that I meant to read in 2019. Happy Reading!

message 2: by Kelly (new)

I went back to 2019 on my Goodreads Want to Read list. I bought an ebook copy of I Think You're Wrong (But I'm Listening): A Guide to Grace-Filled Political Conversations by Sarah Stewart Holland and Beth Silvers. They are the hosts of the Pantsuit Politics podcast. This challenge helps me to read things that I have bought and not read yet!

message 3: by Sheri (new)

Sheri Howard | 31 comments Kelly, your choice sounds fascinating (and timely)! I'll be eager to see how you rate it. I also looked at books I had added in 2019. I've selected "Brave Face" by Shaun David Hutchinson because it's been sitting in a stack on my bedside table for several weeks, so no excuses. Shaun is a YA author and the book is his memoir.

message 4: by Kelly (new)

I am interested to see how you like Brave Face! Sheri wrote: "Kelly, your choice sounds fascinating (and timely)! I'll be eager to see how you rate it. I also looked at books I had added in 2019. I've selected "Brave Face" by Shaun David Hutchinson because it..."

message 5: by Jay (new)

Jay Given that I have all these new 2020 books checked out for September; I'm not sure I'll have time to catch up on a 2019 book I meant to read

The Eighth Wonder of the World: The True Story of André the Giant - by Bertrand Hebert

The year of dangerous days : riots, refugees, and cocaine in Miami 1980 - by Nicholas Griffin

Chasing the light : writing, directing, and surviving Platoon, Midnight Express, Scarface, Salvador, and the movie game - by Oliver Stone

The presidents vs. the press : the endless battle between the White House and the media -- from the founding fathers to fake news - by Harold Holzer

His truth is marching on : John Lewis and the power of hope - by Jon Meacham

Levon: From Down in the Delta to the Birth of The Band and Beyond : By Sandra B. Tooze

Not sure if I'll have much time for September's challenge, but if so.....

I wanted to read this in 2019
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
All Blood Runs Red: The Legendary Life of Eugene Bullard- Boxer, Pilot, Soldier, Spy ... by Phil Keith

message 6: by Sara (new)

Sara Kreps | 239 comments i am planning on reading the passengers; got a pre-release copy last year and my mom breezed through it, which is unusual for her.