Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 118k adult contemporary/literary family drama

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.M. (last edited Aug 27, 2020 07:27AM) (new)

S.M. Tunn | 3 comments The novel tells the story of four adult siblings and their father, who have struggled to move on from the death of their mother eleven years before.

The death and funeral of an elderly relative acts as a catalyst that forces each family member to come to terms with their own issues over the course of the following year.

Expectant father Joseph Stone attempts to reconcile his strained relationship with their father. Sister Norah attempts to overcome a serious drug addiction. Eddie attempts to move on from the infidelity of his wife, Elena. Eddie's twin Caleb attempts to deal with his deep seated love for his brother's wife. Their father, Ben reconnects with his childhood best friend (and one that got away), Christine.

"Seasons" is a funny, moving, brutal and intelligent tale of love and laughter, separation and addiction, and life and death.

I'd be incredibly grateful for any help provided by this community.

Looking forwards to hearing from you.

Stephen

message 2: by Mer-Uh-Dith (last edited Aug 27, 2020 01:12PM) (new)

Mer-Uh-Dith (writesmere) | 1 comments Hi Stephen! I'd be willing to take a look. I've never beta read before, but your novel sounds similar to one I'm in the process of revising. If you'd be at all interested in swapping (I only have the first 22k words polished right now) let me know. I'm happy to read yours either way. you can send it to me at meredithcwrites (at) gmail (dot) com.

message 3: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Tunn | 3 comments Meredith,

That would be amazing. I'd be more than happy to do a swap. It might take me a little while to get through it, since work and a toddler at home keep me pretty busy.

The manuscript has been through a couple of edits, but I'm still finding ridiculous things - yesterday I discovered an entire conversation that hadn't been punctuated. Hopefully I've caught them all now, though.

I'll send you an email today.

Thanks so much for agreeing to take a look.

message 4: by S.M. (new)

S.M. Tunn | 3 comments I have finished the first round of beta reading. I'd be grateful if anyone would like to take a look at it in a few weeks once I've made revisions based on the feedback I gained in this round.

Please let me know by replying or sending a message privately.

Thanks very much!

message 5: by Jumpj1952 (new)

Jumpj1952 | 44 comments S.M. wrote: "I have finished the first round of beta reading. I'd be grateful if anyone would like to take a look at it in a few weeks once I've made revisions based on the feedback I gained in this round.

Pl..."

The story sounds interesting. I would like to BETA read it.
My email is: Jumpj1952@hotmail.com

Regards,

Joseph

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Coombes | 43 comments I would be willing to read, if you wanted to do a swap. Mine is also a family drama, with domestic violence. It is 114,000 words and about a woman who is in a violent and controlling relationship.