What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Adult supernatural/paranormal/ fantasy romance with a strong main who owns a bakery, inn, or bookstore.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Is.to (new)

Is.to | 6 comments Hi there! I'm looking to read an adult supernatural/paranormal/fantasy romance with a main (mm or mf) who owns a bakery/coffee shop, inn/B&B, or bookstore/library. Emphasis on *adult romance*.

I would prefer if the main character secretly or openly possesses magic and is unassuming and underestimated. Think of an overpowered magical or supernatural mc hiding in plain sight.

Clean Sweep is the closest I've gotten to this request but it wasn't quite what I was looking for.

Thank you!

message 2: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnbar) | 122 comments What about Anne Bishop - Written in Red?

message 3: by Taryn East (new)

Taryn East | 3 comments How front-and-centre does the romance have to be?

"The last oracle" has a strong romance, but I wouldn't consider it to be a romance genre.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 4: by Nora (new)

Nora | 112 comments I think Mating the Huntress by Talia Hibbert might fit.

message 5: by Is.to (new)

Is.to | 6 comments Hi there! I've added all three of these books to my want to read list, thank you! The last oracle seems promising since Helena inherits the store and it's a series so hopefully I love it. Thank you Taryn for the suggestion.

I'd say 50/50 for romance and magic! I'm pretty open to plot lines but I would like some steam mixed in.

Mating the huntress is an automatic addition since one of my friends has already reviewed it and loved it! Written in red seems like the darker of the three but I'm enjoying the world building so far. Thank you Lynn and Nora for your suggestions!

message 6: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (lynnbar) | 122 comments You’re welcome. Hope that you enjoy it.

message 7: by Meheen (last edited Aug 29, 2020 12:11PM) (new)

Meheen | 7 comments I don't know about the 'owns a bookstore or bakery' or anything, but I know a good book that somewhat fits your description, Afterlife or The Triple Goddess by   Stephanie Hudson, which is the third book in the Afterlife Saga series. Two of the main characters in the series both own a nightclub tho.

message 8: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments The main character of Summon the Keeper by Tanya Huff is a traveling supernatural troubleshooter who is assigned to run and watch over a haunted hotel that has a portal to Hell in the basement. Hell is a speaking character in the book, and is a bit of a whiner. The MC also has to contend with a sexy French Canadian ghost and a sexy Newfoundlander handyman who is far too young for her.

message 9: by Is.to (new)

Is.to | 6 comments Thank you for your recommendations!! I appreciate it!!

message 10: by ☘ Lily (new)

☘ Lily ☘ (lilyreadsromance) | 98 comments Booked for Murder in this one, the protag is a powerful magic user who worked as a librarian, hiding from her boss. The boss is supposed to be the love interest. The romance is definitely slow burn.