Reading with Style discussion

Member's Corner > Short Stories - Reading, Tracking, Discussion

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 12407 comments I open this thread just prior to Fall 2020 when we have a new task Short Works. At least some are looking forward to it! Some of you may be reading short stories even when you can't claim them for RwS. (Gasp! Is that heresy? You read things that can't be claimed here?)

Here is a place you can tell us about short stories you have read, whether or not they fit the current challenge.

message 2: by Rosemary (last edited Aug 26, 2020 06:15PM) (new)

Rosemary | 2984 comments I receive the biannual Persephone Books magazine - it's mainly a promotional thing for their latest publications, but there are always one or two short stories in there, and that's the main thing I read.

I expect there will be one arriving in Sept or Oct and I may try to make it work as part of this task... although since the task can only be done once, I may just go for the easy option and read a collection of short stories.

message 3: by Ed (new)

Ed Lehman | 2454 comments Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "I open this thread just prior to Fall 2020 when we have a new task Short Works. At least some are looking forward to it! Some of you may be reading short stories even when you can't claim them for ..."

" (Gasp! Is that heresy? You read things that can't be claimed here?)"

LOL..... that made me think about when I go out for my walk and about 15 minutes into the walk I realize I'm NOT wearing my FitBit.... so, it doesn't count!