Play Book Tag discussion

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4)
August 2020: Witches > Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire - JK Rowling; 5 stars!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9055 comments And once again, my fifth reading of this tale is finished with my third and youngest child. With tears we recount the harrowing tale, of a young boy pursued by darkness, is put upon to save himself against an evil that has scarred him, and threatens his world. Harry Potter, the books and movies that show us over and over again, that love and goodness is a protection, and that bravery, doing what is right rather than what is easy, and standing for those you love, has become an anthem for our times. That we have choices of who to become.

Having been through this series over and over, you see things in the rereads that are precursors of what to come. It ends with Dumbledore giving a battle cry - although you don't know this then. Letting every student and visitor at Hogwarts know that there are dark times ahead, and that there is goodness within us, and that we are stronger united rather than divided. Truer words never spoken. Especially at these times. And that if they ever want to come and stand with Hogwarts and on the side of right, that they are welcome. Book Four's end leads us straight into what's next. And inexorable march into a universe threatened by peril and darkness, but empowered by love and strength and bravery and goodness.

And so it was that my youngest, loved hearing and thinking about this story, and reading it together. Acted it out, made fun of me for crying at various points, but was deeply upset at a tragic event. And so it is he learns about nobility and friendship, and what it means to be a 14 year old asked to do what is beyond what is expected of him. And so he moves forward, waiting for book five. Which we will start next week, after our family watches Goblet of Fire this weekend. And so it begins... The ultimate battle of good and evil, and light over darkness. Go Harry. We need more light and hope and belief and faith in this world. Your fight is ours and we are with you the entire way!

message 2: by Joi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joi (missjoious) | 3830 comments This is my fav of the HP series!

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9055 comments Really! Number three was mine and ours! For reasons I just posted.

message 4: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Aug 26, 2020 02:18PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1393 comments Great review, Amy! I love all your words. I'm excited to pick this one up in a few books. :D

Like you, 3 is my favorite story, but 7 is my favorite book because I love how Rowling ties everything together. I know that's weird how I differentiate those two. So, I put my order as this: 7, 3, 6, 4, 5, 1, 2.

The movies are a different story. The order is: 7, 2, 1, 6, 5, 8, 4, 3.

message 5: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9055 comments 3, 7, 5, 6, 4, 1, 2