Middle Grade Madness! discussion

Mark of the Plague (The Blackthorn Key, #2)
This topic is about Mark of the Plague
Series Readathons > The Blackthorn Key Book 2 - September 2020

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 3246 comments Mod

message 2: by Kadi, Creator (last edited Aug 26, 2020 09:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's here, guys! Book 2, let's go!
I reckon the mystery behind this one is pretty much revealed in the title *cough* plague *cough* but after how the first book went I expect there could be many unexpected twists and turns lying in wait for us all...

message 3: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ok so for the first time ever I'm actually following along with one of our readathons here and I'm so excited to read book 2! 3 days to go...

message 4: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

👀Looking around to see if anyone is reading or has already read this book...
I'm going to be starting book 2 soon myself!

message 5: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

This readathon is so dead it's so sad😂 Still it's going to be continuing in case anyone wants to join in some time before November

message 6: by Ilsen (new)

Ilsen Leon | 422 comments Awww no! The series sounds so interesting! I just haven’t gotten to the first book yet!

message 7: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

@Ilsen no worries! Whenever you get it feel free to join in! I literally read book 1 in 1 day that's how much I enjoyed it. I haven't read book 2 yet but I just started this other book that's almost 400 pages long so I think I'll start book 2 in October and read book 3 straight after it

message 8: by Kadi, Creator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Woah it's been forever and a minute since I last read this series! So for those who don't know and are interested, I did start reading this book last year (despite what the above comment says). I got almost 15% in and then decided to DNF it because I felt like reading something else.

But recently I've been thinking about this series again so on a spur of the moment decision I have picked this book back up! I'm going to be reading it all the way through this time (hopefully) and if anyone wants to join me in reading it or just discussing it with me then that'll be awesome. I'll be leaving some discussion points/thoughts below!

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 247 comments I finally read it! I was surprised by one or two of the villains as well as the whole scheme.

message 10: by Kadi, Creator (last edited Jan 14, 2022 06:32PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Audrey wrote: "I finally read it! I was surprised by one or two of the villains as well as the whole scheme."

😱Someone to talk to about this!! Omg yay!

The twists were crazy, right! You know one thing that still doesn't make sense to me is (view spoiler) Do you have any ideas on that?

I really loved the inclusion of Sally in this adventure. She gelled so perfectly with the boys and added something extra and interesting to the team.

The end when (view spoiler) killed me. I cried at that. I'm very invested please don't judge😂 I literally didn't have to check my copy of the book to write out that, I know it by heart lol
What were some of your fave or most emotional parts?