Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Issues > no new readers listed as reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by McGarvey (new)

McGarvey Black (mcgarveyblack) | 19 comments I hope someone can help me. My book Without Her Consent launched today. For some reason there were two listings for my book and I reached out earlier today to ask if one of the librarians could combine them. Someone graciously did but now I've noticed that there are no listings from anyone saying they had added it to their reading list —which is odd because I'm in the Top 20 on Amazon UK and at 200 on Amazon US. I think something might have been left out when the listings were combined. Could you check for me or is their some way I can check. Given that today is my pub day and the book is doing so well on Amazon it makes no sense that there is not a single person who has added it to their reading list. Thank you,

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22117 comments I see nine adds and a page full of reviews. It may be a caching issue on your end but in any case it is a matter of site functionality and therefore out of the control of librarians.

message 3: by McGarvey (new)

McGarvey Black (mcgarveyblack) | 19 comments Yes, but the nine adds were from before today and it launched today. So there's nothing I can do? I think something isn't working because when the combined the two I lost all the new adds from one them. Which is fine but there's been nothing else since they were combined.

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments McGarvey wrote: "I hope someone can help me. My book Without Her Consent launched today. For some reason there were two listings for my book and I reached out earlier today to ask if one of the librarians could com..."

I see 96 adds and 20 "to reads"

fyi - the site is heavily cached it may take some time for you to see the updates.

message 5: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44010 comments Mod
This is not a Librarians Group issue. For general site queries, please either check out Goodreads Help (with its FAQ), or you may wish to use the Contact Us page. Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.