Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 50k Cozy Mystery Fiction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by B (new)

B B | 2 comments Hi! I'm looking for a friendly Beta Reader willing to take a look at my recently touched-up draft of a mystery novel. I'd love to add the name of whoever was willing to volunteer into the acknowledgments down the road as I look to publish or self-publish.

Description: People are suddenly going missing in the idyllic Cape Cod town of Brewster, Massachusetts. The town blames the incidents on a developer working to build a resort on the hallowed lands that are known locally as The Punkhorns. The town brings in a paranormal investigator to work in tandem with the local village police force. As he arrives, it becomes clear that this may not be an evil paranormal force but a very human one instead.

Thanks all! You can reach out via email at bpbradle@ncsu.edu as well as on here.

message 2: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Vijay (shreyavijay) | 37 comments Hey!

The blurb sounds really promising and I would love to Beta read for you. I've been an avid reader for more than 8 yeard now and I have also been reviewing books for about 5 years so I think I might be able to help you out. :)

In turn for the Beta read, in addition to adding my name in your acknowledgements, (in case you like my services) I would also like to request you to write an author's testimonial for my website, (again, in case you like my services) and ship me a print copy of your book once it's published! :)

I hope it is okay with you! :) Kindly let me know what you think! I look forward to hearing from you. :)

message 3: by B (new)

B B | 2 comments That sounds like a tremendous deal! I would love to have your expertise on the draft! Feel free to message or email me directly (bpbradle@ncsu.edu) and I can share the doc! Thanks.

message 4: by Shreya (new)

Shreya Vijay (shreyavijay) | 37 comments Thank you so much for agreeing! :)

My email is vshreyatu@gmail.com . Feel free to send me the manuscript as per your convenience. Also, kindly let me know what sort of feedback you are looking for and what is your deadline. :)

I look forward to our association. :)

Cheers,
Shreya

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Welch | 1 comments Hi, I too would love a Beta read of my new novel. It's an action historic thriller, it has been proofread but I've reworked a few things since then. An earlier version was published by a small traditional publisher but I think this is a step up.

Synopsis: Ethan's world is imploding, his family is gone, he's alone and destitute in a gold mining town on the other side of the world. Those responsible for his family's demise are now targeting Ethan. His options are limited, he must discover who is responsible if he is to survive. Reversing this run of cataclysmic events requires some deep thinking, the perpetrator controls the town.

I realize this is a big ask and am prepared to favorably meet any normal requests for help/acknowledgment from a Beta reader.
Thanks in anticipation, message, or contact direct. iangwelch@gmail.com