Young Readers discussion

Hi! > Introduce Yourselves!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 692 (692 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14

message 1: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (last edited Jan 02, 2021 09:37AM) (new)

Aarja (groovythinker) | 1885 comments Mod
Come on!! Introduce yourselves!! Say your name, your school level (middle/senior/primary), or if you are in college! Also, add what kind of books you read, and if you have a favorite book. If you run a blog/channel/any sm book account, do mention it! You can also promote it here.

I am Aarja! I am in Middle School, and I love all kinds of books, but mostly YA Fiction, or YA Fantasy. I have many fav books! These are some things that I do:

➵ Blogging
➵ Campaigning
➵ Writing

What about you?

message 2: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Em wrote: "Hey, I'm Em! I am in highschool. I like mysteries and YA books, and a few of my favorites are The Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson, and [bookcove..."

Oooh! I heard these books are good. You can also promote your blog here: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) hey! i’m lemon girl. i’m in middle school and my favorite genre is fantasy. my favorite books are the keeper of the lost cities series. check out my bio for more information about me!

message 4: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

lemon girl wrote: "hey! i’m lemon girl. i’m in middle school and my favorite genre is fantasy. my favorite books are the keeper of the lost cities series. check out my bio for more information about me!"

Oooh! I was planning to read KOTLC. I am surely reading it now!

message 5: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Aria wrote: "Hi I'm Aria and I'm happy I joined this group! My favorite genres are, well everything. I of course love reading and you can read/learn more about me on my profile id you'd like!
:D"

Hi Aria!

message 6: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Aahana  ♥ | 1006 comments Mod
Thanks for the invite, Aarja! So hi, I'm Aahana. I'm from India and I'm 13 years old. I love to read, write and I also do calligraphy. My favourite series is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas (everyone needs to read it its too good :D) and in stand-alone I love The Fault in our Stars by John Green which I finished reading just yesterday and also All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven.

message 7: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Aahana wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Aarja! So hi, I'm Aahana. I'm from India and I'm 13 years old. I love to read, write and I also do calligraphy. My favourite series is the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J M..."

Well, I am getting good book recommendations from this place! Welcome, Aahana!

message 8: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 33 comments Hi, I’m Kaitlyn! Im 12 year old. I’m from the USA (Minnesota to be exact). I’m going into 7th grade and that is junior high at my school. My favorite genre is fantasy and my favorite book is Inheritance by Christopher Paolini!
If anyone wants to know my instagram it is @kaitlynlovesbooks20

message 9: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Kaitlyn wrote: "Hi, I’m Kaitlyn! Im 12 year old. I’m from the USA (Minnesota to be exact). I’m going into 7th grade and that is junior high at my school. My favorite genre is fantasy and my favorite book is Inheri..."

Hi Kaitlyn! Welcome!

message 10: by Ambalika (new)

Ambalika Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't have a favourite book, rather have too many to specify any one.
Though I do prefer Fantasy over some other genres but then I'll get bored and move on to some other genre.

message 11: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Ambalika wrote: "Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't have a favourite book, rather have too many to specify any on..."

Hi Ambalika! I am quite picky, too. But I mostly read Fantasy, or His Fic.

message 12: by Ambalika (new)

Ambalika Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't have a favourite book, rather have too many ..."
Hi, I didn't mean to say that I was picky but rather that I don't read erotica or sub genres related to it :)

message 13: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Ambalika wrote: "Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't have a favourite book, rather ..."

Oops, no, I didn't mean you were picky, I meant that I was picky, and I also, don't like some genres. Don't take me wrong, I am sorry if I offended you😅

message 14: by ally (new)

ally (celaena_coin) Hi, I am Ally, I'm in high school. I like reading all books (contemporary not so much) but my favorite genres are dystopian, sci-fi, non-fiction, and historical! One of my favorite books is Red Scarf Girl by Ji-li Jiang

message 15: by Ambalika (new)

Ambalika Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't have a favour..."
No problemo. :)

message 16: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Ally wrote: "Hi, I am Ally, I'm in high school. I like reading all books (contemporary not so much) but my favorite genres are dystopian, sci-fi, non-fiction, and historical! One of my favorite books is [bookco..."

High! (pun intended) Welcome to YR!

message 17: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Ambalika wrote: "Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Aarja wrote: "Ambalika wrote: "Hi! I'm Ambalika and am in High school. I love reading, it doesn't matter what genre is that book, well, excluding some genres. I don't..."

:D

message 18: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Adela wrote: "Hello. I'm Adela, I'm in middle school, I read mainly Young Adult, but sometimes New Adult or Adult. My favorite book is These Witches Don't Burn. Right now I'm currently reading Crescent City and ..."

Hi Adela! Welcome to YR! Hope you like it!

message 19: by Rebekah (new)

Rebekah (bekahkc) | 1 comments Hello!! I'm Rebekah, and I love all types of books. My favorites though are murder mysteries XD. I love Agatha Christie!!!

message 20: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Rebekah wrote: "Hello!! I'm Rebekah, and I love all types of books. My favorites though are murder mysteries XD. I love Agatha Christie!!!"

Hi Rebekah! Welcome!

message 21: by Eve (new)

Eve (bookworme909) Hi I'm Eve, I'm from England and love reading. Books keep my sane and let me escape life. I love:
-Musicals
-Cats
-Books
-Dance
My fave books are The Hunger Games, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society, If I stay, The Book Thief, Rooftoppers and The Hate U Give. Sry that's a lot. I'm in High School

message 22: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Eve wrote: "Hi I'm Eve, I'm from England and love reading. Books keep my sane and let me escape life. I love:
-Musicals
-Cats
-Books
-Dance
My fave books are The Hunger Games, The Guernsey Literary and Potat..."

Hi, welcome! And, don't worry, I have like, 40 faves!

message 23: by Kayla (new)

Kayla Luise | 1 comments Hi! I'm Kayla and I love reading books. Especially Fantasy or Classic.
My favorite books are the Great Expectations, kill the mocking bird, Harry Potter, and house of secrets!
I'm in middle school.

message 24: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Kayla wrote: "Hi! I'm Kayla and I love reading books. Especially Fantasy or Classic.
My favorite books are the Great Expectations, kill the mocking bird, Harry Potter, and house of secrets!
I'm in middle school."

Hi Kayla! Even I love HP!
Welcome to YR!

message 25: by Madison;) (new)

Madison;) | 3 comments Hi, I’m Madi and I’m a high school senior from Canada (British Columbia)I love to read practically everything, but some of my favourites are Six of Crows, Harry Potter (of course), The Hunger Games, the Infernal Devices, Pride and Prejudice and pretty much anything Sherlock Holmes ( including retellings like A Study in Charlotte). I could go on forever but those are what came to mind.

message 26: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Madison;) wrote: "Hi, I’m Madi and I’m a high school senior from Canada (British Columbia)I love to read practically everything, but some of my favourites are Six of Crows, Harry Potter (of course), The Hunger Games..."

Hi!!! Even I love HP, The Hunger Games, and The Infernal Devices! I haven't read the other of Shadowhunter Chronicles, though...

Oh, and I love Sherlock Holmes too!!

Welcome to YR!

message 27: by Sofia (new)

Sofia (sofloaf) Hi! I'm Sofia. I like to bake, write, and play violin. Some of my favorite books are the Throne of Glass series, Pellinor, and Uprooted.

message 28: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Sofia wrote: "Hi! I'm Sofia. I like to bake, write, and play violin. Some of my favorite books are the Throne of Glass series, Pellinor, and Uprooted."

Hi Sofia! Welcome to YR!

message 29: by Henela (new)

Henela | 3 comments Hi, I'm Helena, Henela is a nickname, but I like both names very much, so you can call me how you like. I'm 13 years old, 14 in the end of the year. I'm from Brazil, which means I have a terrible English, but I always try my best. I absolutely love books, I don't have favorites, or I don't want to admit I do, but I like this ones a lot: Carry On by Rainbow Rowell; Red, White and Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston, and The Foxhole Court by Nora Sakavic. I want to make new friends and I would love to chat about books or any other thing :)

message 30: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Henela wrote: "Hi, I'm Helena, Henela is a nickname, but I like both names very much, so you can call me how you like. I'm 13 years old, 14 in the end of the year. I'm from Brazil, which means I have a terrible E..."

Hi Henela! Welcome!

message 31: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Hi Sofia glad you joined.. I am also crazy for Throne of Glass ❤️

message 32: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Hi Henela, glad you accepted my invite! Thanks for joining and dont worry your english is great :)

message 33: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Hi madi! If you saw my recent review you know I love jane austen. Glad to see another Austen person on here :)

message 34: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Hi kayla thanks for accepting my invite! Welcome :)

message 35: by Priyansha (new)

Priyansha (alphatype) | 90 comments Hey!
This is Priyansha! I've started with college this year. I like YA, fiction, thrillers and sci-fi !
I love all things books !

message 36: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Priyansha wrote: "Hey!
This is Priyansha! I've started with college this year. I like YA, fiction, thrillers and sci-fi !
I love all things books !"

Hi! Welcome to YR!

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 4 comments Hi! I'm Maja, and I'm a 12-year-old bookworm (that's why I'm here). I like all Ya and teen/middle-grade books :)

message 38: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Maja wrote: "Hi! I'm Maja, and I'm a 12-year-old bookworm (that's why I'm here). I like all Ya and teen/middle-grade books :)"

Hi Maja! Great to have you here!!!

message 39: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Hi, I'm Tiffany (they/them pronouns, please). I mainly read nonfiction, adult fantasy, and contemporary and historical YA, and almost anything with LGBTQIAP+ elements. Thanks for the invite, Aahana!

message 40: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Hi, I'm Tiffany (they/them pronouns, please). I mainly read nonfiction, adult fantasy, and contemporary and historical YA, and almost anything with LGBTQIAP+ elements. Thanks for the invite, Aahana!"

Hi Tiffany! Welcome to YR! I've been looking forward to contemorary books these days. Maybe you can reccommend me some! (:

message 41: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Tiffany wrote: "Hi, I'm Tiffany (they/them pronouns, please). I mainly read nonfiction, adult fantasy, and contemporary and historical YA, and almost anything with LGBTQIAP+ elements. Thanks for the invite, Aahana!"

You're welcome! Thanks for joining :)

message 42: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Priyansha wrote: "Hey!
I love all things books !"

Welcome, Priyansha :)

message 43: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Maja wrote: "Hi! I'm Maja, and I'm a 12-year-old bookworm (that's why I'm here). I like all Ya and teen/middle-grade books :)"

Welcome, Maja!

message 44: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 28 comments We're Maryam (15) and Zainab (14) from Sri Lanka. We like almost every book as long as they are gripping.

message 45: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Oh wow! That's really interesting 2 people from 1 account :) Thank you for joining Maryam and Zainab and welcome. And I'm sure most of us can agree on liking almost every book as long as it's gripping :D

message 46: by Maryam (new)

Maryam  (maryamhisham) | 28 comments Thanks!!

message 47: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Welcome! That's actually a really great idea!

message 48: by Suditi (new)

Suditi (the_book_farer) Hey!! This is Suditi from India. I will be 16 this October. Favourite genres are YA, Historical Fiction and Fantasy.
Favourite series is HP, Shadowhunter Chronicles and ToG.
Favourite stand-alone book is I'll Give You The Sun.
It's really nice to have a teen community and I hope I enjoy my time here. Also, feel free to message or add me as a friend. I am up for book recommendations too.

message 49: by Aarja, Founder & Groovy Thinker :D (new)

Suditi wrote: "Hey!! This is Suditi from India. I will be 16 this October. Favourite genres are YA, Historical Fiction and Fantasy.
Favourite stand-alone ..."

Hi Suditi! I love HP and The Infernal Devices (I haven't read the others yet) too! Welcome to YR! I have quite many BRs, and you can ask for particulars here.

message 50: by Aahana , aka Aelin Whitethorn :) (new)

Suditi wrote: "Hey!! This is Suditi from India. I will be 16 this October. Favourite genres are YA, Historical Fiction and Fantasy.
Favourite stand-alone ..."

Yes, another ToG fan! Welcome, Suditi thanks for accepting my invite :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 13 14