Great American Read List discussion

Archive > September 2020 Poll

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bridget (new)

Bridget | 258 comments Mod
The poll has been set up to select our novel for September, it can be found here

Our selections this month are:
1. Great Expectations by Charles Dickens
2. Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3. The Pilgram's Progressby John Bunyan
4. Watchersby Dean Koontz
5. Gone Girlby Gillian Flynn

The Poll is open tomorrow and closes on September 1st.
Thank you for voting.

message 2: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 3 comments There might be more participation in the poll if it was moved up to being the prominent poll instead of poll #12. I did finally find it and vote.

message 3: by Bridget (new)

Thank you for letting me know. I adjusted the settings so I hope it’s easier to find. And I extended the end by a few days.

message 4: by Andrew, moderator (new)

Andrew (andyhuey) | 332 comments Mod
The poll has ended, and the winner is Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. I've set up a discussion topic here.

And the series read for September is Voyager by Diana Gabaldon. I've set up a topic for that one here.

message 5: by Andrew, moderator (new)

Andrew (andyhuey) | 332 comments Mod
I am, by the way, ridiculously far behind on my reading. I'm still trying to finish Invisible Man, which was our May read. For the last few months I've really only had enough energy for work, TV, and comic books. I keep trying to get back into Invisible Man, but it's a bit of a challenge.

message 6: by Janet (new)

Janet (goodreadscomjanetj) | 3 comments Andrew wrote: "I am, by the way, ridiculously far behind on my reading. I'm still trying to finish Invisible Man, which was our May read. For the last few months I've really only had enough energy fo..."
Not sure that I will get to Americanah. I am reading Invisible Man currently as well.

message 7: by Bridget (new)

Janet wrote: "Andrew wrote: "I am, by the way, ridiculously far behind on my reading. I'm still trying to finish Invisible Man, which was our May read. For the last few months I've really only had e..."
Haha, looks like we're all in the same place. I just started reading Invisible Man also. I will get to "Americanah" eventually. :)