What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Magical realism book about a child/teen finding doors to magical places

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (holtzlovesbooks) | 3 comments Looking for a book! So I’m read the ten thousand doors of January, and I read another book a few years ago which was very different but had the same setup that there were doors that lead to a magical place. The only thing I remember was that the mom had an occult/witchy kind of store, and the child went through these doors, but I think they needed a key. Much appreciated if you know what I mean.

message 2: by Suzanne (new)

Suzanne (holtzlovesbooks) | 3 comments I read this book a few years back I think, so I think it’s from after 2000, maybe ‘10? I remember there being a key and a blue door frame.

message 3: by CherryMoonweb (new)

CherryMoonweb | 35 comments Hi Suzanne I think I read something like this a while back? Did the girl travel to Victorian London and help a chimney sweep and a girl who wanted to be a ballerina. However i thought the shop was full of mirrors and there was another story where she went to the land of fairies? But I don't know if we're thinking of the same thing. Also, was the cover of the book illustrated by Jeremy Strong maybe or the cover pink with a girl with long blonde hair.

message 4: by Ke (new)

Ke (kerbohydrate) | 3 comments CherryMoonweb wrote: "Hi Suzanne I think I read something like this a while back? Did the girl travel to Victorian London and help a chimney sweep and a girl who wanted to be a ballerina. However i thought the shop was ..."

Hi CherryMoonweb! I read your description and it sounds exactly like this book I've been trying to find. Do you happen to know the name of the book with the chimney sweep and ballerina in Victorian London?