Our Shared Shelf discussion

Miscellaneous > Book review

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angel (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Hi,
I haven't been very active in the group, and I have been completely absent for some time due to personal reasons...
I'm in the process of writing my own book. It's not finished, and if it is I still need to translate it from Dutch to English, but would it be possible, or even allowed, to have the OSS readers "proof read" it before I even try to get it published?
It's an autobiographical thriller, written to help me with depression issues and the nightmares that go along with it, so it's not directly meant as support for feminism...

I'm asking WELL in advance of a possible English translation, partially to motivate myself to keep writing, and partially to see what my options are, and plan what to do next.

It would be a downloadable PDF, because I can't afford to print and mail anything :p

message 2: by Angel (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Any opinions from the moderators on this? I'd love for the group to discuss it... Just to discuss it, so I can get feedback. Not asking to buy the book, or to promote it or anything. I'm not a writer after all.

message 3: by Franziska (new)

Franziska | 2 comments I could proofread it in Dutch. I think it’s not common to translate your own book.

message 4: by Angel (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Ronald wrote: "Any opinions from the moderators on this? I'd love for the group to discuss it... Just to discuss it, so I can get feedback. Not asking to buy the book, or to promote it or anything. I'm not a writ..."

No it's not. It's also not common to ask groups like this to proof read ;) But I have my reasons.

message 5: by Angel (last edited Aug 27, 2020 03:28AM) (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Sameet Zahoor wrote: "Yes I got an opinion"

;) moderatorS.. plural ;) But I assume you do talk about these thing to make sure you're all on the same page ;) (You're not in the list of moderators for this group btw...)

First draft is finished, so I'll start translating fairly soon. When it's translated, I'll share the link here ;)

message 6: by Angel (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Sameet Zahoor wrote: "Ok"

It is not yet translated. Friends are proof-reading the first draft, and when I'm satisfied with the story I'll start translating it to English.
When it is translated, I'll post the link in this group, so my OSS family can help me proof-read the English version. I'm not a native English speaker, so any help in getting it correct is welcomed.
I'll keep you posted!
And thanks for the opportunity!

message 7: by Angel (new)

Angel Delvax | 9 comments Sameet Zahoor wrote: "OSS"

Our Shared Shelf.......