Diversity in All Forms! discussion

The You I've Never Known
This topic is about The You I've Never Known
Author's Pick > The You I've Never Known (September 2020)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Mariah Roze (mariahroze) | 1408 comments Mod
Author's Pick: The You I've Never Known

I started this book and I'm enjoying it. I don't think it is Ellen Hopkins' best work, but I think it is interesting.

Daphne Walker | 16 comments I just finished this book a week ago. I agree that it is not Ellen Hopkins' best work, however this one tugged at my heart more than some of her other books. Maybe because I went through a custody/near kidnapping issue with my daughter's father. I know how harmful and devastating lies and hatred can be when coming from someone who is supposed to be your hero, your protector your parent. My heart breaks for Ariel and the life she is forced to live.

Daphne wrote: "I just finished this book a week ago. I agree that it is not Ellen Hopkins' best work, however this one tugged at my heart more than some of her other books. Maybe because I went through a custody/..."

Oh wow! Being able to connect with the book a personal level is so intense. This is a topic I knew very little before reading this book so I'm glad Ellen covered it. She does such a good job at covering extremely difficult topics.

Did you read her end recap that she does at the end of every book? She said this personally happened to her too.

Daphne Walker | 16 comments Mariah Roze wrote: "Daphne wrote: "I just finished this book a week ago. I agree that it is not Ellen Hopkins' best work, however this one tugged at my heart more than some of her other books. Maybe because I went thr..."

Yes I read her end recap. The terrifying thing is that this goes on all of the time! Courts do nothing to protect the child(ren) in relationships. My own personal experiences influenced my decision to go into social services with the emphasis on helping mothers and children