Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Request to change description

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan | 17 comments Would anyone mind updating the description of this book - my dashboard still isn't letting me save. The Amazon description will be updated in a few hours. Many thanks.

The Brooklyn Killing

Only the worst thing in her past can save her.
When the body of a quiet nursing assistant turns up brutally murdered on Brooklyn Heights promenade, Detective Marie O'Sullivan is determined to hunt down the killer. As a senior officer with Brooklyn's 84th precinct, Marie wouldn't usually have any trouble with this type of case. But her work partner and closest friend has just been found barely breathing, with a suicide note on his bedroom door and a bullet wound to his head. Despite all the signs, Marie refuses to believe he injured himself. It's only when all the evidence surrounding the promenade killing starts to point towards her partner that Marie's tight life really starts to unravel.

The Brooklyn Heights killer may be someone close to home, and the victim may not have been as quiet as she seemed.

And Marie has her own secrets to hide: having left Northern Ireland as a young woman to escape her part in the Troubles, she thought she'd moved on from the incident that drove her from her childhood home. That past seemed a lifetime away, something to forget, until it finally turned up in the form of her Irish Republican brother.

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Siobhan wrote: "Would anyone mind updating the description of this book - my dashboard still isn't letting me save. The Amazon description will be updated in a few hours. Many thanks.

[book:The Brooklyn Killing|5..."

done

message 3: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan | 17 comments Cheers, thanks a million