Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading August 24?

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2096 comments Mod
This week I'm reading Marquis Of Secret Doors by Lynn Lorenz and Loveless by C. L. Matthews.

message 2: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1195 comments I'm still on shifter reads so I am up to Mercy Thompson 6!
Tomorrow the new Ilona Andrews Emerald Blaze gets released! yay!
also Who Wants to Marry a Duke and Would I Lie to the Duke
So much goodness on one day!

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1280 comments I'm reading an ARC of The Princess Knight by G.A. Aiken. I'm enjoying it so far.

I'm currently listening to A Guy Walks Into My Bar by Lauren Blakely. This is her first M/M romance and I thinks she's done a good job. I liked that she introduced it saying that she wrote it as if there is no homophobia in our world ... wouldn't that be nice? It's quite refreshing, actually, and I wouldn't mind if more authors wrote this way.

Aly is so frigging bored | 857 comments Mod
I'm reading Emerald Blaze as well! After that I'll want to read Someone to Romance by Mary Balogh and I'm continuing my Kit Rocha Beyond series reread... I love not having to stress out on what to choose to read :D

message 5: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 392 comments I read Sure Shot last week and just loved it, exactly the book I needed. This week I have Educated by Tara Westover and Firestorm by Rachel Grant. Really looking forward to Emerald Blaze and think I may try the Kit Rocha Beyond series too.

I've had an annoying morning as my middle schooler tried to begin his remote learning. Do the apps launch? No, they do not. Is he able to log in and begin working? No, he cannot. *grumble grumble*

Chocolatesoup if you like erotic romance, but with a dystopian bend and lots of free love and a REALLY cool plot and AMAZING writing you should totally try the Beyond series. Book 1, Beyond Shame, is free on Amazon.

Emerald Blaze is out of this world good!

Beyond Shame (Beyond, #1) by Kit Rocha

message 7: by Chocolatesoup (last edited Aug 24, 2020 12:33PM) (new)

Chocolatesoup | 392 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Chocolatesoup if you like erotic romance, but with a dystopian bend and lots of free love and a REALLY cool plot and AMAZING writing you should totally try the Beyond series. Book 1, [book:Beyond S..."

Hmm, dystopian bend, cool plot and amazing writing all draw me in. Lots of sex scenes aren't my cuppa, sometimes I skim...

Chocolatesoup wrote: "Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Chocolatesoup if you like erotic romance, but with a dystopian bend and lots of free love and a REALLY cool plot and AMAZING writing you should totally try the Beyo..."

There's usually character development in those, or you get character traits explained... I'm not saying it well :))

Anyway, I'm kind of curious and kind of terrified that you'll try it. I always feel bad when people try my recs and they dislike it, but I also love it when they like them :))

message 9: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 392 comments Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Chocolatesoup wrote: "Aly is so frigging bored wrote: "Chocolatesoup if you like erotic romance, but with a dystopian bend and lots of free love and a REALLY cool plot and AMAZING writing you shoul..."

I'll check it out and report back!

I haven't started Mary Balogh's book yet, but I hope to tomorrow

Ladies if there are any Ilona Andres fans, the links to their online appearances from this week are in my Emerald Blaze review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...