Play Book Tag discussion

Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1)
This topic is about Throne of Glass
August 2020: Witches > (Poll Ballet) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chili Hanson (chilipinkcat) | 110 comments 4 Stars

This is book one of the Throne of Glass series. Celaena Sardothien, the Assassin of Adarlan was betrayed and captured. She was sentenced to the salt mines in Endovier. It is here that Prince Dorian and Chaol Westfall, Captain of the Guards find her. They have a proposition for her, agree to compete in the competition to be the King's Champion and get out of Endovier. Celaena agrees. The competition is brutal and each week someone is eliminated. Celaena is told to stay in the middle of the pack and not draw attention to herself. She is not competing under her own name. When competitors begin to be murdered in a brutal manner, Chaol is at his wits end trying to figure it out. The final battle is between Cain and Celaena. Cain's sponsor tries drugging Celaena, to insure that Cain will win. Celaena wins. I liked this. I will be reading the rest of the series to find out how it ends.

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2237 comments Chili wrote: "4 Stars

This is book one of the Throne of Glass series. Celaena Sardothien, the Assassin of Adarlan was betrayed and captured. She was sentenced to the salt mines in Endovier. It is here that Prin..."

I really like this series and read Empire of Storms and Tower of Dawn this month. I'm hoping to finish the finale, Kingdom of Ash this month if I can fit it in. It's a series that gets better as you move along.