Pakistani Readers discussion

Debates n Discussions > Two Years of PTI

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by W (new)

W Good or bad ?

message 3: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments Please fill in the above form that we have prepared regarding PTI's performance in the last two years. It wont take more than three minutes of your time.

Thanks

message 4: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments Thanks for the contribution......

message 5: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments I will try to post the results here, once the survey is done......

message 6: by W (last edited Aug 25, 2020 04:10AM) (new)

W The foundations of Naya Pakistan have been laid,things have never been better in this country.
(A tongue in cheek remark).

message 7: by Waqar (new)

Waqar Ahmed | 18 comments No big achievements of PTI on the domestic front. Inflation, unemployment and so far almost zero institutional reforms.

message 8: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments True

message 9: by W (last edited Aug 25, 2020 01:08AM) (new)

W Oh ! So there is no new Naya Pakistan ?

message 10: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments I think the most important thing Pakistan needs is education. People who are old are way too habitual of doing things their way and they can't be changed very easily. However, some bills such as "fine to anyone who throws garbage in the streets" or "beggars to be put in concentration camps and taught skills" can still be passed and will help a lot.

The big solution is to take care off the new generations. Quality of the Government education needs to be improved and it should be made free to all. Subjects such as physical fitness, ethics, computer literacy, practical skills and paid internship at a restaurant or any other place should also be made compulsory as part of the main curriculum. All things come under the education umbrella - good education means prosperity.

However, because it takes time and won't show instant results in the next 5 years, it is not in the priority list of the Government.

All being said, small bills such as underage labour and enforcing people to close their shops during Namaz time can still be passed.

I think we should all get in the streets to get such a bill passed, if it influences Pakistan positively and is a gateway for other things...

message 11: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments I think our part is to first be a better person ourselves. Be good when no one is watching, build a stronger connection with Allah and just walk our talk.

Secondly, if we think there's an issue that can and should be solved, we should make an event in Facebook, gather people and get on the streets. Or is there's a better way, we should do it.

message 12: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments I think changing the world is just as difficult as changing ourselves... and once we change ourselves, we automatically change the world around us - I know this may sound hysterical but isn't it the truth?

Blaming PTI didn't create enough jobs is probably the easiest thing to do. While in reality, those who look for jobs hard enough will always find them.

If you think there are not enough jobs, start a business and be a giver rather than a taker.

Saying is too easy, doing is not. The government is just as good as we are. Our cricket team is just as good as we are.

message 13: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments Dollar is up? Make a brand like "Nutella" or "Pringles" or "coca cola" that goes world wide

message 14: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments 1. How is the word 'change' overrated?

2. What sort of structure and market incentive are you talking about?

message 15: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments I know exactly what you're talking about. It is extremely hard but is not impossible.

Worst-case: you are sick and exhausted after trying relentlessly, the organisation and its practices just can't be changed. But you still can leave and join another organisation can't you? Or work towards making one that follows your rules. I would still ask to make the higher management understand that what I am saying is far more beneficial than what is happening (though it all depends on what I'm preaching and the level of belief I have in it)

There are unlimited ways to do and say things. We usually give up after trying only a few.

I know I am talking about an ideal human here, but it is all manageable.

message 16: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments For instance, take a home for example. there are some practices we don't like. our parents are prestigious and talking to them on such matters is really going miles out of our comfort zone, even though it can be conveyed with all due respect and no one will get hurt. but because we can't take time out to prepare for the perfect set of words, we will try to live with it

message 17: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments I just want to keep trying... no matter how many times I fail and stray, I just want to get back on the right path again.

I believe 50% is under my control and 50% is out of my control. I want to do well in my 50% and leave the rest to Allah.

message 18: by Humais (new)

Humais Shahid | 33 comments Thank you. I wish the same for all of you.

message 19: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 516 comments Humais wrote: "I just want to keep trying... no matter how many times I fail and stray, I just want to get back on the right path again.

I believe 50% is under my control and 50% is out of my control. I want to ..."

Based. I like you.

Self-accountability and Extreme Ownership are way too underrated.

message 20: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments Pleased to share a brief report that we prepared based on an online survey we conducted regarding PTI government performance over the last two years.

Here's the link below:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/muhamm...

message 21: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments Thanks to all those who participated and made it possible.

message 22: by Rizwan (new)

Rizwan Mubashir | 10 comments Thankyou.