What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA Fiction book about kids traveling across the world and possibly the North Pole/ Antarctica?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (witchgold) | 4 comments I think it’s about 2 kids and one or two adults that are going on a mission to stop something and are traveling across the world, at the end they end up in Antarctica or the North Pole. They’re traveling by boat and go on this huge adventure but I can’t think of the name. I also think the cover of the book is blue.

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19560 comments When did you read it?

How old are the kids, teenagers or younger children?

message 3: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (witchgold) | 4 comments I read it maybe in 2010. The kids were probably 12-13

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Your description makes me think of The Glass Sentence but it was published in 2014.

message 5: by CherryMoonweb (new)

CherryMoonweb | 35 comments Hi Kellie your description reminds me of a book I read a while back called "Brightstorm: A sky ship adventure". Twins Arthur and Maudie Brightstorm receive word in Lontown that their famous explorer father has died in a failed attempt to reach the southernmost point in the world. Not only that, but he has been accused of stealing fuel before he died!
The twins don't believe the news, and they answer an ad to join a new attempt to reach South Polaris. It's their only hope of learning the truth ... and salvaging their family's reputation.

As the winged ship Aurora sets sail, the twins must keep their wits about them and prove themselves worthy of the rest of the crew. But will Arthur and Maudie find the answers they seek?

message 6: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5210 comments Brightstorm for the link.

message 7: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (witchgold) | 4 comments I don’t think it’s any of those ):

message 8: by Kellie (new)

Kellie (witchgold) | 4 comments Anyone have any more ideas on what it might be?

message 9: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39582 comments Mod
Please note you can bump your thread every 30 days, not more often because the group is so large.