Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > Good Exciting Book Recommendations

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by skyler rose (new)

skyler rose (skyrosew) Anyone know books with good plots and plots that start in the first few chapters? I’m sick of plotless, not exciting books lol.

message 2: by Rida (new)

Rida Quraishi | 26 comments The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle

message 3: by MissBecka (new)

MissBecka Gee (missbeckagee) | 113 comments I read these recently and they were pretty darn quick to become engrossing...
Things We Have in Common
Behind the Red Door
The Night Swim
Dear Emmie Blue

message 4: by Heather (new)

Heather | 87 comments Ilona Andrews -pretty much all of their books. Annette Marie -her Guild Codex series and its spin-offs. Patricia Briggs -pretty much everything she writes. Really just a matter of taste as she writes fantasy and UF/paranormal. Jim Butcher -Dresden Files. Simon R Green -everything he writes is good. Nalini Singh -writes great UF/paranormal as well as contemporary. Anne Bishop -her The Others series is exceptional. Suzanne Wright -The Dark In You series is great. Terry Pratchett -Discworld series is excellent. C L Wilson-Tairen Soul series is probably the most beautifully written fantasy series I've ever read.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

message 6: by Melliott (new)

Melliott (goodreadscommelliott) | 433 comments Dead Woman Walking, by Sharon Bolton

message 7: by Drakeryn (new)

Drakeryn | 36 comments Archivist Wasp starts with a knife fight!

message 8: by Rida (new)

Rida Quraishi | 26 comments Fantasy:
Six of Crows duology
An Ember in the Ashes series
Throne of Glass series
A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy
Sorcery of Thorns

Romance:
Take a Hint, Dani Brown
Get a Life, Chloe Brown
Red, White & Royal Blue

Mystery/Thriller:
The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle
Lock Every Door
My Lovely Wife
The Silent Patient

message 9: by Bumble (new)

Bumble Greenbriar (hernameiscrumpet) | 0 comments The Map To Everywhere is a middle grade adventure book and it’s amazing for all ages, I’d recommend it 100%

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

message 11: by Sasha (last edited Aug 25, 2020 07:18AM) (new)

message 12: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (goodreadscommillertanya) | 22 comments If you enjoy reading historical fiction I would recommend Pam Jenoff Novels. Her book, The Lost Girls of Paris, is about WW2 and SOE and it takes you on a journey through two different pperspectives throughout the war.

Her other novel, The Orphan's Tale, Is literally about an orpha again in the time of Nazi Germany and how one woman finds her way in a circus.