Judy Bolton Fans discussion

The Secret of the Musical Tree (Judy Bolton Mysteries, #19)
This topic is about The Secret of the Musical Tree
#19: Secret of the Musical Tree > Chapter 15: The Secret of the Musical Tree - Summary

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Land (williamland) | 1253 comments Mod
Chapter 15: Terrifying Developments

Once Tess leaves, Judy is able to look out the window and sees that both Roxy and the ladder are gone. Given what Tess said, Judy suspects that the hot chocolate that Roxy drank was drugged. Drowsy, Judy falls asleep and later is awakened by voices. Tess and Carlos enter Roxy’s room and search it, eventually mentioning the emerald. Judy wonders how these two know about the emerald since they weren’t on the plane and what she will say if they find it in Roxy’s room. This would also make a great scene in a movie. Can’t you hear the ominous music as they search and Judy lies in the bed?

Lovely descriptions. “Fearing the worst, she pushed up the sash and leaned far out. The sleet storm seemed to be over, although the wind was still blowing the snow about in sudden swirls that looked like ghosts in misty white robes dancing with each other.” These sentences made me think of

Away to the window I flew like a flash,
Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.
The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below

It's very obvious that Tess and Carlos don't trust each other, or even respect each other, despite being married. Each one considers one self to be smarter than the other and that the other is "stupid."

message 3: by Faye (new)

Faye Kisker | 408 comments I love that, Beverly! I love the story Twas the Night Before Christmas.
The Little Golden Book version is illustrated by Corinne Malvern

Faye wrote: "I love that, Beverly! I love the story Twas the Night Before Christmas.
The Little Golden Book version is illustrated by Corinne Malvern"

One of the best Christmas stories ever! Another favourite for me is Dr. Seuss's "How the Grinch Stole Christmas."

I also love Barbara Robinson's children's novel, "The Best Christmas Pageant Ever."

And the five Judy Bolton stories which take place during the Christmas season:
3.5. The Talking Snowman
13.5. The Mystery on Judy Lane
19. The Secret of the Musical Tree
29. The Clue of the Broken Wing
39. The Strange Likeness.