Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Wrong attribution

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments Hi my book "Her Virtue: A Phantom's Revelry" is included as one of my titles. But I've noticed that it also has a duplicate entry under another author, with the same name as me.
As well as that, my book does have a review. And the review is only showing up on the entry that has been wrongly attributed to the other author with the same name as me.
Could you fix this for me?

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Emma wrote: "Hi my book "Her Virtue: A Phantom's Revelry" is included as one of my titles. But I've noticed that it also has a duplicate entry under another author, with the same name as me.
As well as that, my..."

1. Goodreads differentiates between authors of the same name with spaces before the last name.

2. Your author profile is: Emma^^Kathryn where the ^ equals a space.

3. Books that are automatically imported have the default one space.

4. When asking for assistance, it is quite helpful to mention that your profile has 2 spaces.

5. It is also very helpful to supply links to books that need corrections.

6. I combined the 2 editions, so the reviews will be under your profile. If they don't show up immediately, it should catch up soon.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments Thank you. Unfortunately I tried to supply a link to my book here and it didn't work. And when I tried to supply a link to my author page it didn't come up as an option- only three other authors called Emma Kathryn or similar did. Hoping that my name will come up as an option in the future, to aid search.

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Emma wrote: "Thank you. Unfortunately I tried to supply a link to my book here and it didn't work. And when I tried to supply a link to my author page it didn't come up as an option- only three other authors ca..."

Every platform is different of course, but can you just copy the url and past into the message?

[It's not easy to know all the ins and outs of the different platforms, but that usually works in most browsers]

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments Oh dear... sadly, that didn't work either. Yes, I tried doing that, and including author link, and book link. Well, we got there in the end... thank you for your help.