Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > Guess Who? Star Wars. - Chat ✔️

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Sep 12, 2020 09:02AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 59107 comments Mod

Guess Who? Star Wars.

Saige ✔️
Donna ✔️
Jenny ✔️
Cindee ✔️
Victorian Vickie ✔️
Betsy
Andy ✔️
Maya ✔️

SS: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...
Review: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
Q&A: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Please check in by September 1st!

(view spoiler)
**For the SS, you will need to request access to it**

In order to keep the mystery alive, each team will have a designated captain and co-captain of your choosing. Only these two will be allowed to PM me your team's guesses. So choose wisely.

***I will also allow secret groups to be created if a team member is willing to do so.***

message 2: by Cindee (new)

Cindee | 1931 comments Checking in

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Cindee wrote: "Checking in"

Gotcha checked in!

Victorian  Vickie (vhartwell) Checking in

message 5: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Victorian Vickie wrote: "Checking in"

Gotcha checked in!

message 6: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments Checking in!

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Saige wrote: "Checking in!"

Gotcha checked in!

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Also each team has the opportunity to do a secret group if you want. Not sure if anyone does but you could do your guessing and all of that in that specific thread while posting on your team's review thread here. Again, totally up to you.

message 9: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?

message 10: by Donna (new)

Donna (dkflynn33) | 922 comments Checking in

message 11: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Checking in!

message 12: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

Taking over the world. Whatever else would the purpose be?

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a secret group, where you can all discuss who you think the mystery people are. It's where you can talk freely about your guesses and even tell me you guess after you've complete the four tasks per person.

Or if you guys want, you can chat on the team's spreadsheet, since they are private and only your team can see it. Then you would have to PM me your guesses. It's honestly whatever is easier for you if you don't want the other teams knowing what you are guessing.

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Donna wrote: "Checking in"

Gotcha checked in!

message 15: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Checking in!"

Gotcha checked in!

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

Taking over the world. Whatever else would the purpose be?"

LOL, I almost spat out my coffee reading this.

message 17: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments By the way, I am for having a secret chat thread. Easier than using the spreadsheet, I think.

Also, anyone up to volunteering for captain? Do we need one? Or two?

Someone feel like coming over and making breakfast for me? Please?

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Hello Teams!

Just wanted to let you all know that I added a tab to everyone's spreadsheet. It is called 'Chatting?'. This is just in case you all don't want to create a secret group and think it could be easier for everyone involved to talk about your guesses on the private spreadsheet instead.

If you do create a secret chat group, please invite me so that I can check that when you do your guessing. If you stick with the spreadsheet chatting tab, please PM me your guesses after you the team reads, reviews, and posts the four tasks per mystery person.

message 19: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "By the way, I am for having a secret chat thread. Easier than using the spreadsheet, I think.

Someone feel like coming over a..."

Ooo breakfast sounds good.. can you have breakfast for lunch? Asking for a friend.

message 20: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Breakfast is an all day thing. Your "friend" is good to go.

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Breakfast is an all day thing. Your "friend" is good to go."

hahahah good to know thanks!

message 22: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments Alaina wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a secret group, where you can all discuss who you think the mystery people..."

Ohhhhh, that makes so much sense! I forgot that anyone could just hop on this thread and read the comments, lol. Thanks for the explanation!

message 23: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments Jenny wrote: "By the way, I am for having a secret chat thread. Easier than using the spreadsheet, I think.

Someone feel like coming over a..."

I'm also down for a secret chat. Sounds like fun!

message 24: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9133 comments Mod
hi i am here!

message 25: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Andy wrote: "hi i am here!"

Gotcha checked in!

message 26: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Saige wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a secret group, where you can all discuss who you think the..."

I feel like I got caught? lol.

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Saige wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a secret group, where you can all discuss who..."

hahaha I'm sure a ton of people did that before and I just never thought about a secret group or anything when it was guess the mod.. because no one knew if anything was correct until the end of the challenge. This time around the team will know if they guessed correctly or not after they tell me their guess in secret. Teams would only know if someone guessed someone correctly by the bonus points being added.

..and of course all the correct answers will appear at the end of the challenge lol.

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Saige wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a secret group, wher..."

Thank god. I would hate to not know till the end or never. lol

message 29: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Saige wrote: "Alaina wrote: "Saige wrote: "I'm not super sure I understand the purpose of the secret groups. What are they for?"

So each team can make a sec..."

I'm not that evil... yet.

message 30: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Guess what? I have another question.
We get extra points for participating in a buddy read. Do these only count for September buddy reads, or can we comment on a previous read? What if we are the only one left chatting on an old thread?

message 31: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Does anyone on this team know how to make a secret planning thread?

message 32: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments Jenny wrote: "Does anyone on this team know how to make a secret planning thread?"

I figured we could just make a random discussion thread and name it something weird. No one on any of the other teams would know which one was ours.

message 33: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments I like that idea, but there is a way to invite just certain people.
Although the thought of visiting the "Don't pull that thread!" thread is kinda funny.

message 34: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

You can create a secret group by going to Community -> Groups -> Create a group. Then make it private or secret and give the link to the people on this team. Or add the link here and have people request access. Up to you.

message 35: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments OK, I made a secret group. I am going to message the link to everyone. Let me know if you don't get it.
Alaina, do you want a link to it as well?

message 36: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "OK, I made a secret group. I am going to message the link to everyone. Let me know if you don't get it.
Alaina, do you want a link to it as well?"

Yes please :)

message 37: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments I messaged everyone except Andy, who is not taking messages.
Andy, if you want to PM me, or email me, that is fine. Or, Alaina, I assume you guys are friends...pass the link please?

message 38: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "I messaged everyone except Andy, who is not taking messages.
Andy, if you want to PM me, or email me, that is fine. Or, Alaina, I assume you guys are friends...pass the link please?"

Lol, yes we are friends! Just sent her the link.

message 39: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Thank you!.
By the way, did you catch my question from message 30?

message 40: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Guess what? I have another question.
We get extra points for participating in a buddy read. Do these only count for September buddy reads, or can we comment on a previous read? What if we are the o..."

Okay so you get double the points when you do a BR in this group. Yes, it will have to be on the September BR thread. It can also be on any other thread if the last comment is within 2 weeks before you make a comment.

Also, if you and a buddy want to read a book you can request a thread to be made or restarted to whatever day you want in the Let's Buddy! - thread requests.
You can also ask people in the group if they want to read a certain book with you on Let's Buddy! - requests.

If you read any September BOTM book, you will get triple the points. The BOTM threads will be made on Friday 28th. If you haven't voted yet, you can click the links below to do so:
Standalone BOTM Poll
First in a Series BOTM Poll
Not First in a Series BOTM Poll

Then you will get bonus points if and when you correctly guess a mysterious person.

message 41: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Thank you!.
By the way, did you catch my question from message 30?"

Just saw it!

message 42: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Got it!

message 43: by Andy, Head of Read-a-thons (new)

Andy | 9133 comments Mod
Jenny I sent you a friend request lmao. then you can send me the link bc when Alaina sends it, I still can't see the group

message 44: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Andy wrote: "Jenny I sent you a friend request lmao. then you can send me the link bc when Alaina sends it, I still can't see the group"

I just sent you a link. I am at work, and busy, but I will check email periodically to approve your invite.

message 45: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Aug 25, 2020 03:23PM) (new)

Hi guys!

Okay, so I seem to have realized on how evil I was when making this challenge. So the tasks per mystery person range from easy to hard. The hard ones will make you go down a completely different path. This is mostly because... I am evil.

That being said, remember that these tasks fit a certain character in a book or a MOD. I am not describing a book cover in particular. I'm also not saying hey this character is from this particular book. No, I'm not that easy and again - I'm evil.

Just remember to think of characters and or Mods. If 3 tasks lead you lead to a couple of characters then think about how that last task fits one. If you ever need a hint or someone to question your thinking - I am your girl/MOD/whatever.

Don't forget if you have a secret group to add me! Or if you want to use the SS, please let me know and I will continue to check that daily.

message 46: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Just have to say after looking through the buddy read lists and BOM lists from the last couple of years...I read very different books generally speaking. I wouldn't know most of these characters if I ran into them on the street. So. This should be interesting!

I will totally let you all know if I run into a character on the street. That would be worth reporting.

message 47: by Jenny (new)

Jenny | 62 comments Oh, and teehee. Evil is fun.

message 48: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Just have to say after looking through the buddy read lists and BOM lists from the last couple of years...I read very different books generally speaking. I wouldn't know most of these characters if..."

Lol, please do.

message 49: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Jenny wrote: "Oh, and teehee. Evil is fun."

OMG IT IS!

message 50: by Saige (new)

Saige (lannister807) | 1366 comments I love the evil challenges even when they test me, lol

« previous 1 3