Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Read Science Fiction, Fantasy and Thrillers

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pratibha (new)

Pratibha | 5 comments Hello, I am Pratibha and I am here to help you out if you need an honest feedback.

To make contact please inbox me.

It would be helpful if you can provide a brief summary of the book beforehand or an outline.

message 2: by Lillendra (new)

Lillendra Alawattegama | 5 comments Hey there Pratibha,

I'm really sorry but I think I haven't quite figured out the DM system yet, so I thought I could post it over here,

My name is Lillendra, and I'm an aspiring author. I finished off my very first story manuscript and am honestly a little nervous about it. I would really really love and appreciate your opinion on it!!

The story itself is about 130-140k in terms of words, and in terms of pages it's exactly 344. It generally falls into the sci-fi/fantasy genres, with a few millitary-esque elements blended in it. I will attach it's synopsis herewith.

I really really hope that you'll find it interesting!

Synopsis;

After a strange attack on his home town by unknown demonic forces, Joe Windel finds himself in a hidden stronghold and a member of a powerful group of Elemental Harnessers known as “the CLIPwarriors.” His twin brother, Zis, and most of his school mates have been kidnapped during the attack by the army of monsters and demons, and Joe has to find a way to bring them back to safety. So, along with Elven Ranger Amy Laurelwood and his best friend Hal Warden, Joe sets out on a rescue mission into the tropics to confront the dreaded Commander of the Ravager Storm, but will he have what it takes to face the unthinkable?

An Eye for an Eye, and a life for a life…

This is just the beginning

Thankyou for your time.
Yours sincerely,
Lillendra Alawattegama

message 3: by Pratibha (new)

Pratibha | 5 comments Hello Lillendra,
I have DMed you, please reply to me there.

message 4: by Gerard (new)

Gerard O'Neill | 74 comments Hello Pratibha,

I have a YA science fiction book completed and in need of your sharp eyes. I am looking for your suggestions on the plot, characters, story continuity, and generally where you think the story needs tightening or perhaps aspects that could be expanded on. This is an ARC of book 2 of the Atoma series. I can also send you the published Book 1 for a review if you wish.

Atoma is a 16-year-old girl, who along with a group of teenagers, all outcasts like her, finds herself on an odd-shaped planet in a star system light-years from Earth. None of them really had a choice but to accept a mission that was shrouded in secrecy.

Following a crash landing, Atoma and Nako are rescued by Ilyin, a young warrior about their age. They quickly discover something is badly amiss in this very strange world. Atoma lives to return to Earth to discover a home and her family erased from her memory, but now there’s Ilyin, and despite Nako's warning, Atoma finds herself increasingly drawn to the boy.

The coming-of-age, action-adventure with large helpings of suspense and thrills continues. You can find the link to Book 1 below.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07...

message 5: by William (new)

William R | 13 comments Hi Pratiba

I have finished my book and its been to a Developmental Editor. It's a suspense/thriller right at 100,000 words. Over 20 people have read and loved it. I'm looking for a Beta to give me last minute advice. It's called "Killing Fiath and here's a synopsis.

“There’s nothing that boggles the human mind more than trying to keep someone who will not stay or get rid of someone who will not go.”

Killing Faith is the riveting story told by Faith Brunick, a mother of three children looking back on her life and describing her hopeless situation. She was once married to a very successful lawyer. Unhappy in the marriage she has a long affair and divorces her husband. After several failed relationships she decides to stop dating. Out of nowhere she meets the "man of her dreams" who wins her over and makes her believe in love again. He seems perfect – handsome, smart, and successful. Is her dream man the answer to her prayers or another nightmare that will destroy her life? Killing Faith is a real thriller that will leave you stunned when you realize it can happen to anyone

Killing Faith is a riveting thriller that will keep you hooked until the last page. If you like Gone Girl or Girl on a Train you’ll love this book.

message 6: by Pratibha (new)

Pratibha | 5 comments Hello William, I have DMed you please respond there.

message 7: by Pratibha (new)

Pratibha | 5 comments Hello Sir, I have DMed you please respond there.

message 8: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Bowes | 10 comments Hi Pratibha
My name is Leslie and I would love if you would be my beta reader. My book is called The Choices for Love and I have the first nine chapter done it's also about
Emma and Tyler have everything- a great marriage and two beautiful sons. However, Tyler has been keeping secrets that could destroy everything.

Isabella Von-Clyer has been in love with her best friend’s brother, Alex Rochester, for as long she can remember. Now, he’s back in town, engaged to another and Isabella must plan their wedding.
Not long after his return, Alex realizes how much he loves Isabella, but a revelation comes to light that could end any dreams they have of a happily ever after.

Jane Austen’s Mansfield Park and Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre come together in a sinister twist.
Thank you so much and I hope to talk to you soon.
Leslie

message 9: by Pratibha (new)

Pratibha | 5 comments Hello Leslie,
I have DMed you please respond there.