2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Water for Elephants
This topic is about Water for Elephants
ARCHIVE 2020 > Water for Elephants: Pre-Reading Discussion

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Winter, Group Reads (new)

Winter (winter9) | 4651 comments This month we will be reading Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

This is where we will be discussion the book prior to the group read. If you're excited for the book let us know! Have you read it before or is it your first time?

message 2: by Lisanne (last edited Aug 22, 2020 05:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisanne (wolffhoofd) | 101 comments I would probably not have picked up this book myself, but that makes these monthly reads all the more fun. Got a copy from my local library and am curious to see how the story will unfold. Definitely going to watch the film after reading the book as well!

Joan Barnett | 872 comments This was one of my favorite books. I hope you all enjoy it.

Alison | 992 comments I also just picked this up from the library and am looking forward to reading it with you all! It is not a book I normally would have had on my radar 😊

Ashleigh Motbey | 1090 comments Seen the movie multiple times, but have never really been interested in reading the book. But what I like about group reads is almost all the books I never would have read willingly, but have enjoyed most of them!

My library has multiple ebooks and audiobooks for this so I should be able to grab a copy once the month starts!

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 1024 comments I'm in for this one. I started reading the book back in 2008 when it was fairly new, but I was going through a divorce and other drama at the time so I set the book aside and never picked it back up. It's been glaring at me from my bookshelf for the last 12+ years so I'm glad to have the opportunity to pick it up again. I started reading a few days ago and I'm already about 20% done.

Lynn (book_music_lvr) | 1877 comments Joan wrote: "This was one of my favorite books. I hope you all enjoy it."

Agreed! Ditto from me as well! :)

message 8: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new) - rated it 4 stars

SarahKat | 3178 comments I bought this from a thrift shop years ago because I love elephants. Glad I'll finally have a reason to read it!

message 9: by Dusty (new) - added it

Dusty Marie (dustymarie) I picked up this one at a used book sale a few years ago, and it has been sitting on my shelf ever since. I’m really hoping I can join in, but grad school has put a serious dent in my personal reading time recently. My TBR list is crazy long...

message 10: by Gigi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gigi | 2 comments This too was one of my favorite books!, I found the story fascinating. I particularly enjoyed learning about the history of that era. Hope you get something good out of it.

El W. (readinthewillows) (elysewelles) | 4 comments My fiancé is a few-books-a-year reader, and usually audiobook. But this book is one he has read cover to cover, the only book he said that’s ever been the case for him! I had been meaning to read it for years and now I’m excited to ha e the chance! I read up to chapter 2 so far this morning, it’s going to be a quick read I think, really intriguing book.

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) | 1024 comments I'm almost done with the book and should finish by the weekend. I think what I like most about it is the Depression-era circus setting which feels authentic and really breathes pathos into the story.

message 13: by Kate (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kate | 107 comments I’m excited to read this one! It’s been on my TBR shelf for a long time. I have seen the movie and am interested in seeing the differences between them.

Serena | 24 comments I picked up this book nearly 12 years ago as a teenager and couldn't get past the first chapter. Back then, I wanted my fictional circuses to involve paranormal and horror elements a la Cirque Du Freak (Darren Shan) but now I'm ready for the emotion and romance! Really looking forward to this pick!

message 15: by Brooke (new)

Brooke | 9 comments This sounds like a pretty good book. I was just done watching The Greatest Showman two or so weeks ago for the first time. So this seems interesting to me. Since it's about a circus

Alekhya Suma | 81 comments I'm going to finally start reading it today! Like many people here, I wouldn't have picked this book up by myself and I'm excited to see what's in store for me!! :)

message 17: by Nightia (new) - added it

Nightia | 9 comments I have had this book sitting in my TBR list for so long, and theres always something that peaks my interest more, so I'll give it a try and hurry a little bit because september is ending soon!

message 18: by Elina (last edited Sep 29, 2020 10:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Elina van der Toorn (elinavdt) | 26 comments So, the month is almost over and I had this book in front of me for many days now but I still had few books to finish first. Now I finally started and let's see how it goes :).

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Water for Elephants (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Sara Gruen (other topics)