Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Policies & Practices > Title/Cover/ISBN changes

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 30 comments I have two authors who are going to release updated editions of their books. For the first author, this book is going to be released, and renamed with a new title, cover and ISBN: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4...
. I will need to make a brand new book listing for her instead of an alternate edition, correct?

I have another author who is giving her series new titles and covers, but will be keeping the same ISBN's. For her I can make alternate cover editions with new titles, or do I create new listings for her as well?

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22287 comments For the first situation, a new edition should be created.

For the second, an alternate cover edition.

message 3: by Alissa (new)

Alissa | 30 comments Thank you! Scott wrote: "For the first situation, a new edition should be created.

For the second, an alternate cover edition."

message 4: by Shelley (new)

Shelley Baker (shambhalareign) | 2 comments I published my 2nd edition and Goodreads has been great, cover change and everything. But there is an issue between 1st and 2nd edition that calls for discretion and I need to discuss it with someone. How can I make this discussion happen?

Carol She's So Novel꧁꧂  | 5307 comments Shelley wrote: "I published my 2nd edition and Goodreads has been great, cover change and everything. But there is an issue between 1st and 2nd edition that calls for discretion and I need to discuss it with someo..."
Hi Shelley

If you need something handled outside of this group, then you need to contact Support (Staff) I'll mention that if this involves a legal issue you will need to contact Support anyway as librarians are volunteers.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

I see the link mentions they are experiencing high volume of inquiries, so you may have to be patient. :)

message 6: by ClareMarie (new)

ClareMarie (claremarieauthor) | 20 comments Hello, I wish to change book covers for two of my books. One cover I have now and the other I want to be deleted so can add it when it’s ready. Books are The Alliance and Ivy & Kayden please.ClareMarie

message 7: by Paul (new)

Paul | 1 comments  

User-3361677370980433497 (Member) asked a question.

Thursday, September 10, 2020 12:09 AM

How do I change an incorrect book title already listed?

The book "Thomas Charles' Spiritual Counsels" is listed as "Thomas Charles' Spiritual Couns". This needs correcting. How do I change it? Thanks

message 8: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Paul wrote: " 

User-3361677370980433497 (Member) asked a question.

Thursday, September 10, 2020 12:09 AM

How do I change an incorrect book title already listed?

The book "Thomas Charles' Spiritual Counsels"..."

corrected

message 9: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44178 comments Mod
Please start new threads in the Book Issues folder for requests. Do not add to an existing Policies question thread.

Closing.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.