Play Book Tag discussion

August 2020: Witches > Daughter of The Forest 4 1/2 stars (POLLS)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8108 comments Daughter of the Forest 4 1/2 stars rounding down, no up, no down...EEK!

What a beautifully written story-The story of Sorcha of Sevenwaters, 7th child of a seventh son and the only daughter. A re-telling of the Fairy-tale The Six Swans.

Set in Ireland in the 12th century this is a story of family and faith and a wee bit of magic. If the Fantasy MPG shies you away, don't let it. This is more folklore than fantasy and as I said beautifully written. A strong, determined female lead character put the icing on the cake.

There were times it got a bit "long winded" for my taste, which led to my dilemma to round up or down . What I am sure of: I will find book 2 and I will continue the story.

message 2: by Sue (new)

Sue | 1297 comments Nice review! Looks like a good book.

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8108 comments Sue wrote: "Nice review! Looks like a good book."

Oh I think you would love it Sue!

message 4: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5117 comments I love this series and this author! Glad to see someone discovering her.

message 5: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 983 comments On my TBR mountain it goes. THANKS!

message 6: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5785 comments I'm a sucker for Irish books. I might get the audio. I love the narrator's accent and the writing sounds lovely.

message 7: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8108 comments I don't think any of you will be sorry you added it to your pile-look forward to all of your reviews!

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8108 comments annapi wrote: "I love this series and this author! Glad to see someone discovering her."

Have you read any of her other books Anna? She is an author I will try to squeeze in anytime I can

message 9: by annapi (last edited Aug 20, 2020 11:42AM) (new)

annapi | 5117 comments Joanne wrote: "annapi wrote: "I love this series and this author! Glad to see someone discovering her."

Have you read any of her other books Anna? She is an author I will try to squeeze in anytime I can"

I've read most of her books, except the newest ones. Aside from the Sevenwaters series, which this is the first of, I like her Blackthorn and Grim series, but that is darker in tone. If you like historical fiction, her Bridei series is great. Took me awhile to get around to it, but once I started it I just tore through the trilogy.

I'll be starting The Harp of Kings as soon as I finish my current book.

message 10: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8108 comments annapi wrote: "Joanne wrote: "annapi wrote: "I love this series and this author! Glad to see someone discovering her."

Have you read any of her other books Anna? She is an author I will try to squeeze in anytime..."

You are about the 3rd or 4th person to tell me Blackhorn s/b next-I am sold!