What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book
This topic is about Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Vintage Christmas Book: The book cover was white and it had a large picture of Santa sitting on a stool, reading a long list of children’s names, [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments When I was at primary school I always borrowed a Christmas book from the school library, this would have been around 1993. Even in 1993 I remember it being an older book. The book contained Christmas carol sheet music with lyrics, as well as some stories, and possibly recipes, but can’t be sure of that. It was a general, all things Christmas book. I remember it being a relatively large book, possibly A4 or a touch bigger, and reasonably thick (I’m remembering this as a 7 year old!).

The book was white and on the cover it had a large picture of Santa sitting on a stool, reading a long list of children’s name, in profile. I don’t remember there being any title on the cover. I think about this book often! If I were to guess I’d say it may have been a book from the 70s or 80s.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39819 comments Mod
Laura, please put some of that extra detail into your topic header.

message 3: by Laura (last edited Aug 21, 2020 04:33AM) (new)

Laura | 5 comments Thank you! I have amended.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Could it be this one?

Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book by Norman Rockwell

Norman Rockwell's Christmas Book - “Christmas poems and stories from beloved writers such as Robert Frost, Langston Hughes, Hans Christian Anderson and Lewis Carroll; as well as Christmas carol music and lyrics and Christmas dinner recipes from Fannie Merritt Farmer's 1896 cooking tome.”

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments OMFG YES IT IS!!! I want to cry, I never thought I’d see that book again! I know it seems like an overreaction but I thought one of my first questions to God in heaven would be if he could find me that book! Can’t believe you found it based on my description! Thank you!!!

message 6: by Emily (new)

Emily | 275 comments Great work Lori!

Laura, it's not an overreaction! :-) We love helping people find their books! :-) I'm so glad the group was able to help.

message 7: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments Thank you thank you thank you! I have ordered online. A million times, thank you! xx

message 8: by Laura (new)

Laura | 5 comments SOLVED!