The Debating Club! discussion

Fun Debate topics > Would you rather read or write?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Reading is enjoyable but writing brings a lot more space for us to develop our creativity. What do you think? Which one would you prefer?

message 2: by Aizlyn [REST], stop Procrasinating mate~ (new)

Aizlyn [REST] | 81 comments Mod
I think I prefer writing because when I have to express my emotions the only way I can do it is by writing it off. Reading gives me a place to go or better say it helps me escape reality while writing gives me an opportunity to let go of my emotions. I know there are many books so well written it can do the same but its more satisfactory to write them down in my own horrible handwriting. XD

message 3: by Nikita (new)

Nikita I love reading, books are great. I love to write too when I have a muse and just can't stop but I never finish the stories I start. I have so many. I'm an amateur writer. Wish I had the kind of talent some of the authors I read about have. To create worlds they do. I have stories in my head to write down but they never get finished.

message 4: by Raphaella (new)

Raphaella I relate completely with Nikita, however I can't really choose. Both are vital to me.

message 5: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments I love both reading and writing! What would I prefer? That's simple, reading. Don't get me wrong, I love writing and it's my passion as well as what I want to do when I grow but it's still reading. Reading helps make you a better writer and helps your imagination grow so that's why I prefer it. Sometimes I am on a writing spree and sometimes I'm on a reading spree, and sometimes I'm on both or neither. It depends on the day for me.

message 6: by amia (new)

amia (makevocaloidgreatagain) oh wow i love both. but maybe reading because it lets you escape into another world, while writing can be a little stressful

message 7: by Lizzie (new)

Lizzie Stone | 146 comments I agree LG!

ヽ(◉ᗜ◉)ノ ♥ Sushi Roll ♥ | 184 comments Mod
Reading. Period. I love writing, don't get me wrong, but I choose reading over it.

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Read. I like to write (like in RP) but im not good at just soing a story off the top of my head. Im in a consant state of writers block. Anyone else have that problem?

message 10: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) Tbh I'm really feeling tired and exhausted and empty right now, idk why but my hands just keep on typing constantly, idc what I'm writing right now.... my words are just coming out without my brain even processing them, if you know what I mean.

message 11: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) But I still write every day. I really don't know why. I admit that I'm kinda frustrated over everything but the words just fight to come out. So I don't make any sense here sorry...

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Rose {Don't tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass} wrote: "But I still write every day. I really don't know why. I admit that I'm kinda frustrated over everything but the words just fight to come out. So I don't make any sense here sorry..."

Rose {Don't tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass} wrote: "Tbh I'm really feeling tired and exhausted and empty right now, idk why but my hands just keep on typing constantly, idc what I'm writing right now.... my words are just coming out without my brain..."

That's so cool! I wish i could write like that.

message 13: by rose - 忻怡 - (new)

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) You wouldn't want to :) It feels empty. As if you don't even know what you're doing. The fun of writing is just gone the instant your brain goes empty. There is nothing to rejoice in, no beautiful words you could sink yourselves into them.

daughterofathenacarli | 76 comments Rose {Don't tell me the moon is shining, show me the glint of light on broken glass} wrote: "You wouldn't want to :) It feels empty. As if you don't even know what you're doing. The fun of writing is just gone the instant your brain goes empty. There is nothing to rejoice in, no beautiful ..."

.....oh

message 15: by Emma Leigh (new)

Emma Leigh (emma_leigh9) | 4 comments I think both has it's upsides and downsides to it. With reading you get to put yourself in other people's shoes and transport to a different place/ different time. But while reading you can't choose what the characters do/ feel.
In writing it's kind of the same you can put yourself in other's shoes for a bit. And you can write the story how you want it to go. In writing, though, I think you kind of have to know what the feeling is like to describe it and if you haven't felt that feeling before you won't do an outstanding job at describing it.
I think I'd choose reading over writing in the end, both are amazing but I think reading is just a bit better for me.

message 16: by Sadieeeee (new)

Sadieeeee (sadieperson) Idkkkk!!!