Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Help with uncombining books and deleting a book

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments Could a librarian please help me to uncombine my books as they were mistakenly combined. If that's not possible then could you please delete the book/s. One of them is no longer available anyway as it's only an ebook I offer through my website.
I have already added most to the books separately anyway.

message 2: by Sandra (last edited Aug 19, 2020 11:42PM) (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments Books separated, took about a minute.

Deleting no info duplicate.

message 4: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments Also, could you please delete this quote as it's not mine
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quot...

message 5: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments What is the reason for the deletion request? Those editions have isbns, even though they should be asins.

Quotation in the queue to be deleted.

message 6: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments They are old editions of ebooks that no longer exist.
One of them is a free download from my website and the content is completely different. This is not the place for it.

message 7: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments The third book in the url list I gave you is actually still available but it has been updated significantly - I added the new version today to my books.
So I'm happy to keep that one and its reviews, and combine it with the one I added today if possible.

message 8: by Sandra (last edited Aug 20, 2020 12:55AM) (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments For books that are no longer available we add that "no longer available" to the description.

For the one that is a free download from your website, do people need to subscribe or is it or was it available freely?

message 9: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments The Greatest Relationship combined.

You can make the new edition the default by following these instructions:

https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/...

message 10: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments Sandra wrote: "For books that are no longer available we add that "no longer available" to the description.

For the one that is a free download from your website, do people need to subscribe or is it or was it ..."

People need to subscribe to get the book

message 11: by Astra (new)

Astra Niedra | 7 comments Also, I can see that at some point I've added a version of this as a download. Can you please delete that download.

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments Astra wrote: "Also, I can see that at some point I've added a version of this as a download. Can you please delete that download."

That is not something that Librarians can do, I don't see anywhere that I could edit it.

You'll need to contact support if you can't see a way to disable that function yourself. Or perhaps contact one of the GR author groups.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...

message 13: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 25226 comments Astra wrote: "Sandra wrote: "For books that are no longer available we add that "no longer available" to the description.

For the one that is a free download from your website, do people need to subscribe or i..."

The book that is listed on your website was at one time also listed on amazon as one edition has an asin. Therefore it needs to stay in the database.