Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Avaiable to Beta Read

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hannah (last edited Aug 19, 2020 10:19PM) (new)

Hannah (sapphrite) | 4 comments Hello,

My name is Hannah and I am currently an English major in my senior year. I am looking to get my eyes on more books and I thought that beta reading would be the best option for this. Help me out by getting my creative juices flowing and help you out by beta reading your story.

I am available to read any genre at the moment. Any length is fine, as well. What I need from you is to give me a brief description of your story, how many words it is, what you are looking for me as a beta reader and any other information.

The best way to contact me is through email @ hannah.leighj05@gmail.com.

Thank you very much.

message 2: by Kenny (new)

Kenny (kenny_valentine) | 61 comments Hi Hannah,

I just emailed you!

message 3: by Hayley (new)

Hayley (hbomega) | 7 comments Emailed you! :)

message 4: by Robert (new)

Robert Plowman | 18 comments Hi Hannah,
Thank you for your offer! Email sent.
Robert

message 5: by Abby (new)

Abby | 49 comments Hello Hannah! I sent an email about my novel.

message 6: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Shaw Hello, Hannah. Thanks for your post. I have emailed you.

message 7: by Lillendra (new)

Lillendra Alawattegama | 5 comments Um..hi Hannah, thankyou for the offer, I'll be emailing you too. I really really appreciate the offer!

message 8: by Molly (new)

Molly Stegall (mollystegall) | 193 comments emailed you :)

message 9: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (sapphrite) | 4 comments I am closing this post for now! I have readings all the way until October! if you would like to apply for some October spots then you can email me and we can discuss!

message 10: by William (new)

William R | 13 comments Hi Hannah

I have finished my book and its been to a Developmental Editor. It's a suspense/thriller right at 100,000 words. Over 20 people have read and loved it. I'm looking for a Beta to give me last minute advice. It's called "Killing Fiath and here's a synopsis.

“There’s nothing that boggles the human mind more than trying to keep someone who will not stay or get rid of someone who will not go.”

Killing Faith is the riveting story told by Faith Brunick, a mother of three children looking back on her life and describing her hopeless situation. She was once married to a very successful lawyer. Unhappy in the marriage she has a long affair and divorces her husband. After several failed relationships she decides to stop dating. Out of nowhere she meets the "man of her dreams" who wins her over and makes her believe in love again. He seems perfect – handsome, smart, and successful. Is her dream man the answer to her prayers or another nightmare that will destroy her life? Killing Faith is a real thriller that will leave you stunned when you realize it can happen to anyone

Killing Faith is a riveting thriller that will keep you hooked until the last page. If you like Gone Girl or Girl on a Train you’ll love this book.

Let me know if you'd like me to send it to you.

message 11: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 102 comments Hey, Hannah!

I'm seeking beta readers for a 7.300 word short story called "This Might Have Been A Different Story." This story is set in Regency England (early 1800s).

About the story:

Miss Jane Everleigh is caught stealing a diamond necklace from a shopkeeper, Mr. William Hartford. William has long been infatuated with Jane, so instead of sending her to Newgate Prison, he strikes a deal with her. She may borrow the necklace to impress the man of her daydreams, Lord Grandford, but for a favor.

If you're interested in reading, please contact me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com.

Best,
Kat Devitt

message 12: by Wil (new)

Wil Cooper | 25 comments Hello, I’m in search of beta readers for the first draft of my 100k word sci-fi novel, LITTLE GREEN MEN, which is currently published on Wattpad. Just looking for honest feedback regarding characters, plot-holes, etc.

Blurb:
As nineteen-year-old Alex Dash cares for his six-year-old twin siblings, Henry and Annabelle, he is forced to navigate a post-cataclysmic world full of hostile entities. Dogs that seem more aware than they ought to, sentient plant-life, nomads aimlessly wandering...
Rescued by a farming colony called Community, Alex meets Eva Monroe. She is mysterious, but also familiar somehow.
When Alex sees strange lights in the fields, he begins asking questions that no one seems willing to answer. Together, Alex and Eva discover a secret. A secret that no one in Community saw coming...or did they?

https://my.w.tt/JiEsvhv8Dcb