What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Strangely Enough
This topic is about Strangely Enough
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. 1990s children/YA nonfiction anthology lost treasure/supernatural/weird occurrences, orange cover with a lightbulb. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by KayV (last edited Aug 25, 2020 07:40PM) (new)

KayV | 5 comments It may have been a reprint of an earlier published book but I got my copy in the 1990s, probably 1990-1995, I don't think it would have been later than that. The cover was orange with one lit lightbulb on the cover and the title was something like "Strange but True."

There were all kinds of stories in this forgotten, some supernatural, some about lost treasure, some about just weird "science cannot explain" things. Some of the stories were: treasure on Hermit Island near the Apostle Islands in Michigan/Wisconsin, the "lost Davisland islands", and rubies hidden in a yellow clay cat. Those are the only ones I can remember. Some of the stories had a single black line drawing at the start of it but I wouldn't say the book was really illustrated.

I don't think it was the one written by Donald J. Sobol but I could be wrong. I KNOW it wasn't "Beyond Belief" by Brad Steiger because I still have that book.

UPDATE: I found Sobol's "Strange But True" on ebay and bought it. It's not the book I'm looking for.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 894 comments Could it be Strangely Enough by C.B. Colby?

message 3: by KayV (new)

KayV | 5 comments THAT'S IT! You found it! Thank you, thank you!

message 4: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 894 comments Great! I'm glad I could help