Beta / Proof Readers discussion

Authors > Seeking Beta Reader for 70k mystery / thriller

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, all!

I've got a mystery story here, set in the South and starring a broken-hearted hitman looking for revenge on the person that murdered his brother. I could sure use some eyeballs on this to make sure that this story is functioning properly and that it keeps you going through to the end. It is intended to be the first in a series, but it is a standalone story.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Mystery / Thriller
Third-person POV; POV changes in some chapters, no head-hopping
No sex scenes
Violence equivalent to shows like Justified or Breaking Bad. Story motivated, not gratuitous.
Triggers: Aforementioned gun and knife violence, some depiction of racial bigotry
Number of Beta Readers: I'll welcome any takers

I am open to getting honest feedback and I am a non-arguer.

Blurb:

Danny Black was once a hired killer - known as a ‘hook’ in his hometown of Malton, NC. He had money, he had respect, and he had Luna, the love of his life.

But he lost them all when he turned on his boss and left town. He hoped his absence would save the people he loved from retaliation.

But it didn’t. His brother has turned up dead on a lonely river bank. And now his mother might be in the crosshairs.

So Danny’s coming home to find out who murdered his brother. He’ll have to team up with his ex, who hates him for leaving, and he’ll have to go against his childhood best friend, now the Sheriff.

But he’ll tear the whole town apart if he has to. Danny Black is going to make someone pay.

message 2: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 5 comments I'm Interested in reviewing the book what format do you have

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I can give it to you as just about any format you want. I can send it as a Google doc, Word doc, PDF, rich text, epub... if you have a favored format, I'll get it to you. Thank you!

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Bannister (mommybannister) | 5 comments Epub sent to my kindle please

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Will do. I just pm'd you.