Play Book Tag discussion

Leave Only Footprints: My Acadia-to-Zion Journey Through Every National Park
This topic is about Leave Only Footprints
August 2020: Other Books > (Poll Ballot) Leave Only Footprints: My Acadia-to-Zion Journey Through Every National Park by Conor Knighton - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Ellen | 2231 comments Conor Knighton's remedy for his broken heart (an engagement called off) was to offer himself up as a freelancer to CBS Morning News with the splendid idea of visiting every US National Park in one year. What started out as a great idea turned into the trip of a lifetime. The journey began on New Year's Day on the top of Cadillac Mountain in Maine's Acadia National Park to view the first sunrise of the year. It would end on New Year's Eve at the Point Reyes Lighthouse on the California coast to see the last sunset of the year. In between Conor was enthralled with majestic mountains, pristine lakes, stunning views across sand dunes and prairies, multitudes of wildlife and friendly park rangers and park visitors across the country. Each location has interesting background and the author lets the reader in on little-known secrets and obscure facts. He writes with humor, passion and obvious awe at what he saw during his journey. I recommend this one.

message 2: by Jenni Elyse (new) - added it

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1382 comments This sounds really interesting. I'm very interested in what he said about the parks in my own state. I'll have to look into this book. Maybe once traveling isn't so hard anymore, it will make me want to go see a few new places.

Ellen | 2231 comments I hope you enjoy it, Jenni. I certainly did and learned a lot!

forsanolim | 485 comments This has been on my radar, and I'm hoping to get to it soon! Glad you enjoyed it!

Shelly | 579 comments oooooh, this sounds great!