What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Female police detective murder mystery/crime novel set in modern day American city hunting serial killer targeting women by hanging them upside down bleeding to death

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by A (new)

A | 1 comments Read this almost ten years ago, possibly around 2010 give or take five years, so the details are very fuzzy for me and I don't know exactly when the book was published. Read it in paperback form. The author may have been male.

It is about a female detective, badass personality, Caucasian, I THINK the book described her as having blue eyes. Set in an American city, maybe L.A. or Chicago. She was solving a serial killer case that targeted women, one of the victims was described as having a butterfly tattoo.

(Graphic details and spoilers ahead): The serial killer (male) hung the victims upside down on a meat hook, cut them so they didn't immediately die but slowly bled out instead. There was also a meat grinder involved. These details were quite shocking for me to read as a teenager which is probably why I forgot most details about this book, but I still want to remember the title of this book because it was one of the first books I read that featured a female detective.

I'd love to find out if this is a series so I can read more about this character. I hope I didn't confuse the details of this book with other books I read as a teenager.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35397 comments Mod
A, that's a good start. You must copy some plot details from your message #1 to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)