A Court of Books and Magic ✧・゚: * discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Past BOTMs > September Dual BOTM #2 - Cinder (Marissa Meyer)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥ (queenoffaerie) | 588 comments Mod
Starts on September 1st.

message 2: by ♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Discussions starts!

Suggestions for topics:
As far as retellings go, what do you guys think about this one?
What about the world it is set in? Quite a unique world.
Thoughts on all the characters!
What are your thoughts about the fact that Cinder is a cyborg?

message 3: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 524 comments I really love this book, and I thought it was a great fairy tale retelling with a creative twist on it. I thought the world-building and characters were great, and I loved how it was a sci-fi retelling of the classic Cinderella story, and the idea of Cinder being a cyborg was really clever! The romance between Cinder and Kai was really good too! The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series ever, and I think it’s just so well written!

message 4: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

Lucy Tonks | 1157 comments Mod
i wasn't the biggest fan of cinder. i liked it, but i didn't seem to love it as much as everybody else. but it's still a really cool book and i always loved cinderella (it's one of the few fairytales that i actually like). and the retelling was amazing and it had all the points it needed and more! cinder is a great first book, the world building is amazing, and it sets up a story for more than one book. i've read scarlet this spring and it was so much better than cinder. i still have to read cress and winter, but that's not really a surprise since i'm horrible with sequels lol

message 5: by ♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

Lucy Tonks wrote: "i wasn't the biggest fan of cinder. i liked it, but i didn't seem to love it as much as everybody else. but it's still a really cool book and i always loved cinderella (it's one of the few fairytal..."

Agreed. I thought the setting of Cinder and the whole cyborg thing was really cool and unique, but it's not one of my favourite books. I can see why people would like it, but it's not the best for me. I also found that, by Winter, four books being four different retellings with a new cast of characters was a bit much, like there was too much to focus on as there was all these different characters but all in one story and the mc still being Cinder.

☀︎El In Oz☀︎ (elinoz) Oh I love this book! Cinder is my 3rd favourite female protagonist in this series (after Cress and Iko). I loved how Marissa spin sci Fi into the tale of Cinderella and the Queen was a great villain! And I also think Kai is a good MC as well:)

message 7: by ♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

I definitely agree that the mix of sci-fi in there was really great.

message 8: by Ashi (last edited Sep 08, 2020 06:11AM) (new)

Ashi I recently read Cinder, and I have to say I loved it more than I thought I would. The characters were amazing, especially Kai and Peony! (view spoiler) It was all perfect, except for the fact that it was a little weird that Kai was so obsessed with Cinder. I get it that he was a friendly person, but it still made no sense.

message 9: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

ashi, maybe cover the spoiler since there are so people who haven't read this book

message 10: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

i was also sad about her :/

message 11: by Ashi (new)

Ashi Sorry about that...

message 12: by ♦♣ queen of faerie ♠♥, High Lady (new)

It's okay! What would you guys say was your favourite book of the series?

message 13: by Lucy Tonks, Shadowhunter (new)

i've only read the first two. but i prefer scarlet to cinder.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.