What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Romance. Husband leaves wife due to her infertility. He was having an affair? She goes on a Caribbean? vacation with girlfriends to cheer up.

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (last edited Aug 18, 2020 12:40PM) (new)

Kathleen | 4 comments I read this book within the past 3 years. I think it was a female author. In the beginning of the story, the husband decides to leave his wife due to her infertility issues. She may have has a few miscarriages, or was never able to get pregnant, I don't remember . believe he was seeing someone on the side though.

Her girlfriends get her to go away on vacation with them to cheer her up.
spoilers below

She meets someone and they have a relationship while they are both there. When she gets home again, she finds out she is pregnant. Her ex husband wants her back. Her vacation man finally tracks her down.
If I remember, he had to leave vacation a day early due to an emergency, without saying goodbye.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35366 comments Mod
Kathleen, what are the main characters' jobs and how did they meet?

What is the story's time period and location (country, region, well-known city, small town)?

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1282 comments This is the only book I can think of, and I'm certain it's not the book you're looking for. Making Babies by Wendy Warren.

I can't remember if the h and the ex had tried to get pregnant, but I know that he was having an affair. I believe they were divorced maybe a year or less and the ex's new wife came into the dentist office she worked at and that's when she found out the new wife was pregnant.

The ex is a lawyer and the h started dating one of his co-worker's. There's a point in the book right after the new wife has her baby and the marriage isn't going well. The ex wants the h back and is mad at the H, because he's dating her now. The ex is a real piece of whatever you want to call him.

message 4: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 4 comments Kris, hi.. I’m not sure of their employment or town they lived in. I’m pretty sure they lived in the suburbs. In the U.S. The husband was not understanding or being kind to her. it was modern time they lived in. ( So within the past 10 7 years, I’m guessing)
I think she went to the Caribbean on vacation with her girlfriends.

message 5: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 4 comments Amber, hi. That’s not the book, but it sounds like one I’d like to read, thank you!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Thanks. I added a few plot details to the topic header, so your book might be recognized from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

Feel free to update it by clicking the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 7: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen | 4 comments Thanks Kris! I’m new to this forum!!

message 8: by Kris (new)

You're welcome.