Play Book Tag discussion

August 2020: Witches > Astrology Made Easy - Yasmin Boland - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 725 comments *** DISCLAIMER: I KNOW THIS WILL BE A CONTROVERSIAL BOOK FOR THIS TAG, BUT AS MODERN WITCHES FEATURE ASTROLOGY IN THEIR CRAFT, I'M INCLUDING IT HERE ***

Blurb: A clear and step-by-step guide to understanding the age-old wisdom of astrology.

Astrology is an ancient and well-known wisdom system, yet still shrouded in mystery. In this book, award-winning astrology writer Yasmin Boland provides the tools every astrology newbie needs to understand their chart and begin making accurate predictions.

In this book, readers will explore how astrology can be used as a tool to better understand ourselves and others. They will also learn:
- how to read and understand their chart
- how the planets, the signs of the zodiac, the houses and their aspects relate to each other
- the talents and challenges every person is born with
- how to make predictions
- how to be a better parent, friend and colleague through knowing your close-ones' charts

The book includes a link for the reader to download their personalized astrology chart.

This book was previously published within the Hay House Basics series.

Review: This is a good introduction to Astrology and one I'll be referring back to. Yes I'm still a bit confused about aspects, but I think when I type the information out for myself it will become clearer.

This book was my purchase from winning July's raffle - once I've practiced on my chart and a few of my friends, I'll be willing to try some PBT members!

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3830 comments Sounds interesting! I got really into horoscopes for a while, but never actually did the research behind the scenes of 'how it works'.

I'm a Capricorn- AKA strong willed to the point of being stubborn, and a hard worker.
And in Chinese astrology- a horse- which I guess represents the more social and interpersonal side of me.

message 3: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 725 comments I'm a Taurus sun, Virgo moon and Capricorn rising! I'm also a horse in Chinese astrology!

message 4: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5784 comments Jenny wrote: "I'm a Taurus sun, Virgo moon and Capricorn rising! I'm also a horse in Chinese astrology!"

All trined with one another, that's harmonious, right?

I'm a Cancer Sun, Aries Moon, and Libra Rising. All loosely squared which isn't so harmonious. I can't believe I remember that after 40 years. Now in the age of big data, I figured we'd hear a lot more about astrology if they could show connections between aspects with planets/house/signs with real life events or personality, but that hasn't happened, so I guess that's a bad sign.

message 5: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (jennywilliams88) | 725 comments Still confused about trines etc, so THANK YOU NancyJ!

If you have Twitter and follow astrologers on there, you occasionally get a real life event - for example I recently saw the Biden-Harris announcement analysed on there.