Book Cougars discussion

Episodes > Episode 110 - Author Spotlight with Caroline Leavitt

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emily (new)

Emily | 259 comments Mod
Another ten episodes have gone by which means GIVEAWAY time! We have a set of four books to pass on to one lucky person, all you need to do is subscribe to the newsletter in order to be entered to win. We will choose the winner on August 21, 2020.(https://www.bookcougars.com/subscriber)

We had the tremendous pleasure of chatting with Caroline Leavitt about her new novel, With or Without You. Chris reflects on two biblio adventures with Isabel Wilkerson discussing her new book, Caste: The Origins of our Discontents. Emily shares a handful of books she read during the aftermath of Tropical Storm Isaias.

https://www.bookcougars.com/blog-1/20...

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen (colleen_m_o_83) | 37 comments 110!!! That's so great. Thank you for the wonderful content!

Two things:
1. Caste by Isabel Wilkerson is such a fascinating book, and I can't wait to hear what you both think about it. I have a million thoughts (it feels like) and will be interested if you feel so moved to write or talk about it!!

2. I want to throw in behind the 1995 film adaptation of Persuasion starring Ciaran Hinds as Captain Wentworth.

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris Wolak (chriswolak) | 307 comments Mod
Colleen wrote: "110!!! That's so great. Thank you for the wonderful content!

Two things:
1. Caste by Isabel Wilkerson is such a fascinating book, and I can't wait to hear what you both think about it. I have a mi..."

Thank you, Colleen!

1. I've been listening to the audio version of Caste and find it fascinating and so compelling. Just picked up a hard copy so I can dig in and reflect more.

2. I watch that 1995 adaptation of Persuasion and the first part was a bit confusing. Laura and I have both read the novel and had to pause it a few times to discuss who was who and what was going on. Overall, I enjoyed it. My library had two other adaptations that I've checked out. One from 2007 starring Sally Hawkins and Rupert Penry-Jones and then a 1971 mini-series starring Ann Fairbank and Bryan Marshall. I can't wait to watch them and compare the three!