Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Adding New Books > New editions

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments I have four ebook and two paperbacks available through IngramSpark. I am planning to delete my account with IngramSpark, and re-publish all those books through Draft2Digital instead.
How would this work with Goodreads?
IngramSpark have indicated that once they publish a book and it’s been passed to retailers, that’s that- it doesn’t get unpublished. Although my books have not been doing well with them- one of the reasons why I’m leaving.
Once I re-submit all these books to Goodreads, after they’d been re-published by Draft2Digital… will Goodreads still show the IngramSpark editions somewhere, by default?
Would the Draft2Digital editions be the primary ones that are displayed?
Cheers, Emma

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22109 comments New editions would be created, and you would be able to manually set them as the defaults. It's not automatic.

message 3: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments Thanks for your help Scott. So is it with re-publishing everything with Draft2Digital before I have actually cancelled my account with IngramSpark? It's taking a bit of time to cancel it, so I thought I'd ask.

message 4: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22109 comments I don't understand what you're asking me.

message 5: by Emma (new)

Emma Kathryn | 32 comments Lol sorry I'll put that better- I'm a bit less tired now. Is it okay to publish all my books with Draft2Digital, and then add the Draft2Digital copies to Goodreads, before I have actually cancelled my account with IngramSpark?

message 6: by Scott (new)

Scott | 22109 comments If you have all the details on the new editions you can add them at any time.