Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Change Author

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Hello

The book an Accidental Life has been published with a different author name (a pen name) can someone please change this as the book is coming out this week.) It should read Chelsea Cannon.
ISBN

message 2: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments You can double check it is has also been changed on Net Galley which is surely where whoever created this book took their information.

message 3: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments the updated cover will be available on Net Galley within 24 hours

message 4: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments This is holding back publishing

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23104 comments The paperback cover on Amazon has Sandrine's name and is available now.

I don't know why anything on Goodreads would affect publishing.

message 6: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments HI Scott, thank you so much for responding. The book was pulled a few minutes after it was published so that version will be permanently out of stock, but the new edition will be under pen name Chelsea Cannon (it is currently being reviewed) Same book. Just a change of "Author."

message 7: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Its just one big self publishing learning curve. The change has already been done on Net Galley.

message 8: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Scott wrote: "The paperback cover on Amazon has Sandrine's name and is available now.

I don't know why anything on Goodreads would affect publishing."

HI Scott, thank you so much for responding.

The book was pulled a few minutes after it was published so that version will be permanently out of stock, I am uncertain how come you see it is available now, but the new edition will be under pen name Chelsea Cannon (it is currently being reviewed) should pop up very soon on Amazon. Same book. Just a change of "Author."

Its just one big self publishing learning curve. The change has already been done on Net Galley.

message 9: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Sandrine wrote: "Scott wrote: "The paperback cover on Amazon has Sandrine's name and is available now.

I don't know why anything on Goodreads would affect publishing."

HI Scott, thank you so much for responding.
..."

HI Scott, so lets give it 72 hours and I will reach out again here. Amazon has understood the technical problem and are in the process of changing the Author name on the copy you are seeing which is out of stock. Once they do, I will reload the manuscript under it. It's a long technical story, but they got it.

message 10: by lethe (new)

lethe | 14139 comments If the book was available under Sandrine Talbot Lagloire for however short a time, that edition cannot be deleted from the database (unlike Amazon, Goodreads is not a bookseller but a database of published books).

According to Amazon, the paperback was published 15 August: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/177...

message 11: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments lethe wrote: "If the book was available under Sandrine Talbot Lagloire for however short a time, that edition cannot be deleted from the database (unlike Amazon, Goodreads is not a bookseller but a database of p..."

Hello and thank you for trying to help me, I really appreciate it.

When I click on your link I have Chelsea Cannon author paperback. I called Amazon and what happened to understand why you were seeing another name, and what they think happened was that to contour a covid restriction on proof copies not being shipped to Canada, it erroneously created the appearance of that book cover being published to get a proof out, but that book with that cover was never published, nor was the ebook which was only in pre order and was never published. It is being published September 28th. So there was never a copy paper or ebook that was published with Sandrine Talbot Lagloire.
Please re check you link, and see below additional links in support:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/177...

https://www.amazon.com/Accidental-Lif...

https://www.netgalley.com/catalog/?te...

I am getting worried because I have started getting reviews and people are not posting them as the error on goodreads is creating confusion.
PLease advise if the author name can be corrected. The very first version to be published is with Chelsea Cannon as an author.

thanks

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23104 comments For now, I have created an edition of the book with Chelsea's name on it. This will enable your readers to find it.

If it's decided the other version can be deleted, it can be merged into this one and the other name removed.

message 13: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Scott wrote: "For now, I have created an edition of the book with Chelsea's name on it. This will enable your readers to find it.

If it's decided the other version can be deleted, it can be merged into this one..."

Again, its a breath of fresh air to be working with a website where people are so responsive and helpful. Thank you kindly Scott. When you say if it's decided the other version can be deleted, wil you be the one consulting to get this information or would I be the one to take that up? I don't want to create work.
Thanks again

message 14: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 1694 comments Sandy,

At this point, since there were records from Amazon with the book published under Sandrine Talbot Lagloire you will most likely need to contact staff. Librarians are volunteers and we can not deviate from the published policy (which state if the book is published, however briefly, under a specific author that record stays).

I would recommend you contact staff with the details and even link to this thread so they can make the decision on if the previous cover counts for "published".

Staff Contact Form

message 15: by Anneley (new)

Anneley | 11 comments Thank you all for your help. I will contact them. Stay safe.