Challenge Corner discussion

Ora and the Old God (Of Ether and Silver, #1)
This topic is about Ora and the Old God
Let's Buddy! - Fantasy > Ora and the Old God by Sarah Day --> Starting September 7th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 22622 comments Mod
A spellbinding story that weaves together powerful women, complex magic, and political intrigue.

Wild and stubborn, Ora Widogast is determined to join her brother for the annual Tabas hunt. When he makes a terrible mistake, her brother is turned into a pig, and she is taken captive in the fae realm. There, the fae queen places her under the watchful eye of a cruel and powerful mage, Tyg Marigen, who despises humans.

As a world of politics and old conflicts unfolds around Ora, she plans her escape, but then, she makes a dangerous discovery—she can use magic. Something no human has done before. To avoid Tyg’s wrath and save her brother, she must find a way home before her secret is revealed.

But, she has no idea how to control her newfound power.

message 2: by Alex (new) - added it

Alex Rozenstine I don't know if there's a need to sign up but I'm in!

message 3: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

No need to sign up, happy to have you!

Kelly | 3824 comments I'm finally getting to this! It's only 238 pages so I hope to get it read quickly

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

It's going by very quickly!

message 6: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

The author sent me a new copy of the book. She said she'd made changes after some consistent feedback so I wonder how different this revised copy is?

ch 7 (view spoiler)
ch 14 (view spoiler)
ch 21 (view spoiler)

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 59107 comments Mod
Starting this now!

message 8: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yay!

message 9: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finished (view spoiler) This was a fun, quick read!

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

23%: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

oops forgot to add my first comment FOREVER ago.

message 12: by Kelly (last edited Sep 23, 2020 01:33PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 3824 comments 29% - (view spoiler)

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lmao I never added the rest of my comments. dead. okay I will add them soon.

Kelly | 3824 comments 58% - (view spoiler)

message 15: by Kelly (last edited Sep 24, 2020 12:18AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly | 3824 comments 78% - (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3824 comments 100% - (view spoiler)

This was pretty quick. I liked it

message 17: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Me too!

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

53%: (view spoiler)
74%: (view spoiler)
100%: (view spoiler)

message 19: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Yes! Tyg is ruthless lol

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lol yes she was! also I'm happy I caught up on BR comments over the weekend. luckily work was slow.

message 21: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

That's great! I was able to catch up on some review books that are due at the end of the month so yay