Challenge Corner discussion

To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
This topic is about To Sleep in a Sea of Stars
Let's Buddy! - Sci-Fi/Dystopia > To Sleep in a Sea of Stars by Christopher Paolini --> Starting September 4th, 2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 23502 comments Mod
Kira Navárez dreamed of life on new worlds.

Now she's awakened a nightmare.

During a routine survey mission on an uncolonized planet, Kira finds an alien relic. At first she's delighted, but elation turns to terror when the ancient dust around her begins to move.

As war erupts among the stars, Kira is launched into a galaxy-spanning odyssey of discovery and transformation. First contact isn't at all what she imagined, and events push her to the very limits of what it means to be human.

While Kira faces her own horrors, Earth and its colonies stand upon the brink of annihilation. Now, Kira might be humanity's greatest and final hope . . ."

Kelly | 3824 comments Oh... I just saw this was 32h30 and 880 pages long.

message 3: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Damn! Well, that's going to take a few days at least lol.

Kelly | 3824 comments Lol yeah.. but if I don't like the first 10 hours I'll probably dnf it for my sanity ahah

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

No kidding!

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 60994 comments Mod
I just started this monster of a god damn audio.

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm putting it off lol

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lmaaao well I'm not really behind on my audio br's so I was like - okay, lemme knock this one out right now.

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

physicals and ebooks are a whole different ball game.

message 10: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haha no kidding!

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Part 1: (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3824 comments Aly wrote: "I'm putting it off lol"

Same here ^^ I haven't started yet

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

31%: (view spoiler)

message 14: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

59%: (view spoiler)

message 15: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Wow, you're killing it!

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lol I really want to finish this and I'm tempted to up the speed but then it will be full on gibberish

message 17: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Sep 09, 2020 05:15PM) (new) - added it

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 602 comments Alaina wrote: "lol I really want to finish this and I'm tempted to up the speed but then it will be full on gibberish"

I'm gonna definitely read this one (synopsis looks heavely!) after the text version gets published! :)

Good luck with your 32 hr-long audio-fest! Hope the reader has a nice voice or else we're probably gonna see a lot of ire in his address. :)

Love the spoilers :) They make me wanna read it all the more!

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

I'm at 77% and I still have over 7 hrs left.

message 19: by ☘Misericordia☘ (last edited Sep 10, 2020 07:39AM) (new) - added it

☘Misericordia☘ ⚡ϟ⚡⛈⚡☁ ❇️❤❣ (misericordia) | 602 comments Alaina wrote: "I'm at 77% and I still have over 7 hrs left."
Yay! I hope we get to enjoy a lot of spoilers :)

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

100%: (view spoiler)

message 21: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Wow, you cruised through that!

message 22: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

lol I was determined. Unfortunately, I can't write the review yet because I've been given a work project :( so that means I'm going to listen to an audio that doesn't have a BR lol

message 23: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Part 1 (view spoiler)

message 24: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina wrote: "Part 1: [spoilers removed]"

Lots of questions

message 25: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "Part 1 [spoilers removed]"

YES, like why? Why her? Why did it happen? I NEED ANSWERS!

Kelly | 3824 comments starting now

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly wrote: "starting now"

woohoo

message 28: by Kelly (last edited Sep 13, 2020 12:47PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Kelly | 3824 comments Part 1 - (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3824 comments The chapters aren't written on the audio I have. Does it have more than two parts?

message 30: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kelly wrote: "The chapters aren't written on the audio I have. Does it have more than two parts?"

Yes.

message 31: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelly wrote: "Part 1 - [spoilers removed]"

I know! (view spoiler)

Kelly | 3824 comments How much do you have left Aly? I think I'm at 33% right now

message 33: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm at 26% I didn't listen yesterday at all, just focused on my ebooks

message 34: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

heheh yes it's a long book

message 35: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina wrote: "31%: [spoilers removed]"

Haha no kidding!

message 36: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I'm kind of bored right now. Still not halfway yet boo. But I do like this crew Kira has joined with

message 37: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "I'm kind of bored right now. Still not halfway yet boo. But I do like this crew Kira has joined with"

Yeah it did have some boring parts.

message 38: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Sep 14, 2020 10:07AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

So the jellies are aliens, but not the same as the one Kira bonded with right?

message 39: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "So the jellies are aliens, but not the same as the one Kira bonded with right?"

Yes, I think so. Or at least that's what I still think after finishing it. Every time Jellies was mentioned I just thought.. say aliens, I will be less confused lol

message 40: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

No kidding. There's jellies, xeno, graspers, maws, so confusing.

message 41: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

52% (view spoiler)

message 42: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "52% [spoilers removed]"

Lol science-y. Dead. Also, yay! You made it halfway!!

message 43: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Sep 14, 2020 10:46AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haha. Only 15 1/2 hours to go! I'm listening on 2.5 speed which is as fast as I can go and still understand.
Also, this convo between Itari and Kira saying "Kira here" "Itari here" is so annoying

message 44: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "Haha. Only 15 1/2 hours to go! I'm listening on 2.5 speed which is as fast as I can go and still understand.
Also, this convo between Itari and Kira saying "Kira here" "Itari here" is so annoying"

LOL yeah, I had to do that too. Anything faster was pure gibberish.

message 45: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Alaina wrote: "59%: [spoilers removed]"

Jellies! (view spoiler)

message 46: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

he he I wont tell

message 47: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

Damn it

message 48: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

68% (view spoiler)

message 49: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Aly wrote: "68% [spoilers removed]"

hhahahah yes

message 50: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 3 stars

I decided to post a lot of updates so I feel like I'm making progress.
71% (view spoiler)

« previous 1