My Favorite Crime Book Club discussion

Watching True Crime

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirda) | 130 comments Mod
What are your favorite true crime documentary movies and TV series?

message 2: by Hannah (new)

Hannah | 24 comments Just saw this thread, and I AM HERE FOR IT. These are in no particular order, and are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head. There are so many good ones!

1) THE JINX. An heir to a huge fortune, and definitely a murderer. I mean, what a wild ride this was.

2) Mommy dead and dearest. True crime? Check. Local? Check.

3) Team Foxcatcher- Such an interesting documentary and I had never hear about any of this .

4) Evil Genius- A pizza delivery man, a plan to rob a bank, and a bomb. I mean, once again, WHAT A RIDE. I still have no idea if the guy was involved, after watching the documentary.

5) There was also an interesting one on Netflix I watched, but it was a series, about the unibomber. I can't remember what it was called, but they had actual tapes of him talking which was interesting.

Honorable mentions:

- Tread. A bit slow going, but after an hour, it got GOOD.
-I love you, now die. - That girl who encouraged her boyfriend to commit suicide and then got to play the grieving girlfriend.

message 3: by Miranda (new)

Miranda (mirda) | 130 comments Mod
Great recs, Hannah! I've seen the first two, but not the rest of them. They'll go on my list!

I really liked Making a Murderer--my mom and I watched it all in one sitting with cocktails in hand--and I'm currently making my way through I'll Be Gone in the Dark on HBO.

One series that I thoroughly enjoyed is American Vandal on Netflix. It's not a docuseries, but a fictional satire that plays on true crime tropes. It was HILARIOUS, extremely clever, and actually pretty compelling.

message 4: by Liesl (new)

Liesl (jcpdiesel21) | 11 comments I greatly enjoyed American Vandal; both seasons are great and very fun. I'm still bitter that Netflix canceled it.