What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sati
This topic is about Sati
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult fiction. Man has a neighbor who he believes might be God. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments I read this book back in the early 2000s, I don't remember when it was released, sorry.

The narrator of the story is a man who lives in an apartment complex and has a neighbor who moves in. This neighbor is extremely serene and has a way about them that calms a person, that makes them seem like more than they are. I'm pretty sure the narrator is an atheist.

The neighbor begins to have people start visiting, always leaving seeming like the weight of the world has been lifted off their shoulders. The neighbor doesn't seek out these people, they just find them. The neighbor also starts having various religious leaders visit them. Jewish, Christian, Buddhist, etc. I remember a scene where the neighbor talks about playing chess with one of the religious leaders.

Throughout the story, the man starts to believe his neighbor might be God and asks the neighbor, but never gets a straight answer. I don't remember how it ends, but I remember the religious leaders visiting the neighbor, and I remember the man thinking his neighbor might be God.

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments I doubt this is it, but maybe check out Sati, by Christopher Pike, just in case.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments Kat wrote: "I doubt this is it, but maybe check out Sati, by Christopher Pike, just in case.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1..."

Yes!!! That's it!! Thank you so much. I thought I was going to go crazy trying to figure it out.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (tadpoledrain) | 135 comments Wow, that was lucky -- I almost didn't comment because I was pretty sure I didn't have the right book (some of the details don't match). I'm glad I did!

message 5: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments Well, thank you so much for commenting. The second I read the title, it all came back to me. Most of the plot was just me doing my best to remember the story. Thanks again!

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments Rockie wrote: "The story sounds very interesting. I would also like to read this one without more spoiler."

It is very interesting. Most of what I posted is wrong, so you shouldn't be spoiled too much from it. If you do read it, I hope you enjoy it.

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments Sati by Christopher Pike

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19589 comments Sati for the trackable link.

message 9: by Diana (new)

Diana Paprotny (chaosgroupie) | 6 comments Thank you!!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sati (other topics)